BFG miner cant pickup my gpu

My brother retired his old q6300 core two duo optiplex 745 and for sh!ts i threw an old 8500gt in to purpose it for a bitcoin rig but A: I need pointers on how to set up a wallet and B: how do i get BFG miner to pick up the 8500gt [If it helps im running Windows Xp pro 32bit.

2 minutes ago, Joeyfla95 said:

My brother retired his old q6300 core two duo optiplex 745 and for sh!ts i threw an old 8500gt in to purpose it for a bitcoin rig but A: I need pointers on how to set up a wallet and B: how do i get BFG miner to pick up the 8500gt [If it helps im running Windows Xp pro 32bit.

You don't. Mining is pretty much dead for the average user; you can't really profit.

And you honestly shouldn't even expect to: what you want is a software that you just install on an old PC and it makes you money, without any sort of effort on your end. Sound ridiculous? Yeah, it does to me as well...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

9 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

You don't. Mining is pretty much dead for the average user; you can't really profit.

And you honestly shouldn't even expect to: what you want is a software that you just install on an old PC and it makes you money, without any sort of effort on your end. Sound ridiculous? Yeah, it does to me as well...

Npt even the average user, its dead to ANTs and eastbllished miners too, extremely few people can profit. 

Anyways, even at that you are loosing money in electricity with a basic pc, just buy coins legitimately. Perhaps toy with linux or folding. 

If you must mine, find a basic miner besides bitcoin(dark, lite, etc) that outputs files/hashes and set up a separate 'wallet' 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

You are losing money . even the most powerful gpus can only make about 0.3$ per year , and that will decrease exponentially . 

If you want to mine and stay profitable , try ethereum , but that seems to be losing money lately. 

Oh , and BTW , BFG miner is outdated and you shouldn't use it.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-12 at 7:59 PM, Imakuni said:

This guy... Please don't comment on posts that you don't have knowledge on, it is not helpful. Thank you.

CPU: Intel i5 4590 @ 3.7GHz | Motherboard: H81-M-P33 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: WD Blue JVPX 1TB | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Red Mouse: G502