Internet not working on PC?

Stevenw43210

Hello, so I recently built myself a new computer, and when it all finished booting up and installing, it would not connect to the internet and give me the message "Windows cannot find your network adapter driver". So should I use the driver disc that came with the motherboard I have? Or should I download one off the internet from my laptop and use a flash drive?

Answered yourself in your post, either download the ones on the CD and then update it or use your laptop with a USB drive. Either way will work .

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I recommend you download the driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website and then use a USB memory stick to transfer it from your laptop to your desktop. Then just install the driver and it should work 8might need to reboot your computer).

Is it the LAN driver Im looking for? Because here is the site for the drivers for my mobo www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=Z77%20Pro3&o=All and theres none that exactly says 'network adapter driver' and while Im downloading that are there any other drivers I should install?

Is it the LAN driver Im looking for? Because here is the site for the drivers for my mobo www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=Z77%20Pro3&o=All and theres none that exactly says 'network adapter driver' and while Im downloading that are there any other drivers I should install?

yes it is, recommend you use the CD then update once it is working from the PC

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Well I installed the drivers but now its saying I need to connect my computer with an ethernet cable, but my router is across my house, am I not able to connect to it wirelessly?

Well I installed the drivers but now its saying I need to connect my computer with an ethernet cable, but my router is across my house, am I not able to connect to it wirelessly?

do you have on-board wireless or a  wireless card? if not you can't connect without either. You are gonna have to use an ethernet cable

do you have on-board wireless or a  wireless card? if not you can't connect without either. You are gonna have to use an ethernet cable

It has onboard I believe since there was a wireless LAN driver I installed

It has onboard I believe since there was a wireless LAN driver I installed

go to device manager and check if its installed. start>right-click computer>manage devices.

Yep its there its a RealTek GBE Family Controller

that's actually gigabit ethernet interface. You need to use a ethernet cable.

EDIT: Is that the only network adapter you see available?

Edited by crocski

Oh okay, I guess I'll move my router/modem then, thanks

no problem

It seems like you got the ASRock z77 Pro3 and if that is the case, then it does not have wireless. You have to use a cable or get a wireless card.