Graphics Card Decision Help

HI! 

So, I'm currently building a PC for use with software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks (for school), but also plan on using it for gaming at 1080p. I'm also planning on starting up a YouTube gaming channel, so eventually if all goes well I'll be doing some editing as well. I have all the other components for my build, which I will include below, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the GTX 980 and the GTX 970. What I'm looking for is a card that will be able to carry out all of these functions for at least 3 years, but preferably 5+. Of course if anything comes of the YouTube situation, I would upgrade early, but aside from that what card would you recommend? Do you think the 970 has enough juice?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Components Thus Far:

CPU: i7-4790k

Mobo: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8)

PSU: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze1

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

HDD: 'waiting until SSD reaching fullish, and for the canadian dollar to improve'

GPU:?

42 minutes ago, NetflixandChio said:

CPU: i7-4790k

Mobo: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8)

PSU: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze1

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

HDD: 'waiting until SSD reaching fullish, and for the canadian dollar to improve'

GPU:?

comments:

Spoiler

1) should've gone skylake, why not?

2) bad bad psu choice, get a better model, the wattage is fine though

3) lol at the hdd comment, but i totally agree :P

4) consider an r9 390, it performs slightly better than the 970 in DX11 averagely and a lot better in DX12, and it has 8gb vram too

unless you need CUDA, there's no reason not to go with a 390, since you have a powerful processor and all

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately