Drone Part list

TheGhzGuy

Hello all, again. (This is like, the third time within a week I've posted on this, specific sub-forum. I'm sure you're getting tired of me at this point)

I assembled a part list for my drone, and I just wanted to make sure it was "OK"  I know I'm probably missing, well, a lot of parts. (I tried to get bigger props to extend battery life as well)

Frame: HobbyKing Q450

Motor: NTM Prop Series 750Kv (This is really an issue for me, so I don't really know which motor to get. I know you need an accessory pack to.)

ESC's: Turnigy Multistar 30AMP

Props: GWS Style Props (This is another thing I need help with)

Flight Controller: AfroFlight Naze32 Rev6 (I'm pretty sure you need a few more things for radio control)

Charger: I have a charger

Battery: Turnigy Graphene 3s 4000mah (Yes, I have wanted a Graphene battery for like, 3 years, so I am buying this no matter what) and Zippy 3S 4000Mah (If there is a better LiPo for this, I'd love to hear it.)

Controller: Turnigy 9 Channel (Totally open to other controllers)

Voltage Alarm: HobbyKing Voltage Alarm

Combo: (I saw this combo and was wondering if it was a better alternative) MultiStar/Afroflight Combo

I am trying to keep this as low as possible, so, yeah, just FYI. 

Thank you for all your help. You guys are awesome!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

what do you mean you have wanted a battery for 3 years?

the turnigy graphene batteries were released a few MONTHS ago, not years...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

what do you mean you have wanted a battery for 3 years?

the turnigy graphene batteries were released a few MONTHS ago, not years...

A Graphene battery in general I mean. 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Im interested in building a drone, is anyone able to supply a list of what parts you would all need to build one.

Thanks,

1 minute ago, cpeterson19 said:

Im interested in building a drone, is anyone able to supply a list of what parts you would all need to build one.

Thanks,

If you want to do that, no offense, you might want to start a new topic. (It will be more tailored to what you want)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

1 minute ago, TheGhzGuy said:

If you want to do that, no offense, you might want to start a new topic. (It will be more tailored to what you want)

Will do thank!

1 minute ago, cpeterson19 said:

Will do thank!

No Problem ^^

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

3 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

A Graphene battery in general I mean. 

graphene batteries arent really special, its just a lot of marketing

heavier but with slightly more life cycles

if you really care about more life cycles then you should buy a lifepo battery, not lipo

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

graphene batteries arent really special, its just a lot of marketing

heavier but with slightly more life cycles

if you really care about more life cycles then you should buy a lifepo battery, not lipo

It's more the potential charging capability behind them. (I've seen a few tests showing they charger a lot faster than LiPo. Not here, though. Due to other limits) 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

3 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

It's more the potential charging capability behind them. (I've seen a few tests showing they charger a lot faster than LiPo. Not here, though. Due to other limits) 

I would never charge any lipo at more than 1c, its a fire hazard

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

These seem to charger between 3-5C.

http://www.graphenea.com/pages/graphene-supercapacitors

That might explain Graphene better than I can.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

http://hackaday.com/2016/02/07/graphene-batteries-appear-results-questionable/ 

This probably explains your Point of view. They're most likely not "fully graphene" Mostly LiPo with small amounts of Graphene added in, most likely.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

11 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

These seem to charger between 3-5C.

http://www.graphenea.com/pages/graphene-supercapacitors

That might explain Graphene better than I can.

yeah i know they are rated to charge at higher C, but i personally wouldn't do it

Spoiler

yeah i know they are rated to charge at higher C, but i personally wouldn't do it

http://www.quaddiction.club/the-reality-of-turnigys-graphene-lipo-batteries/

Alright, nevermind, won't be getting that battery!

Yeah, I see your point why. I'd like to keep my house. Any batteries you recommend? 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

6 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

http://www.quaddiction.club/the-reality-of-turnigys-graphene-lipo-batteries/

Alright, nevermind, won't be getting that battery!

Yeah, I see your point why. I'd like to keep my house. Any batteries you recommend? 

there are many brands, find one with a good reputation that isn't dirt cheap

for a quadcopter you should look into a light battery pack, so you want a high capacity/weight ratio

if I had a lot of money I would always buy life instead of lipo for the battery life, but i dont lol

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

there are many brands, find one with a good reputation that isn't dirt cheap

for a quadcopter you should look into a light battery pack, so you want a high capacity/weight ratio

if I had a lot of money I would always buy life instead of lipo for the battery life, but i dont lol

Alright. HobbyKing's battery finder tool will be handy

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

I've been charging at 2C for a while now... Well I guess I'm waiting for a fire... :o

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

3 minutes ago, werto165 said:

I've been charging at 2C for a while now... Well I guess I'm waiting for a fire... :o

lol
are you at least using a lipo charging bag?

Spoiler

I would suggest getting a quality carbon fiber frame. Arm attain frames are built like tanks, my F1-6 took about a 30 foot free fall into its stomach yesterday because of a boneheaded mistake I made :/ 

Also don't forget a power distribution board, preferably one with 5v and 12v to power a VTX and your flight controller (assuming your ESC's don't have BEC's)

ASU

28 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I would suggest getting a quality carbon fiber frame. Arm attain frames are built like tanks, my F1-6 took about a 30 foot free fall into its stomach yesterday because of a boneheaded mistake I made :/ 

Also don't forget a power distribution board, preferably one with 5v and 12v to power a VTX and your flight controller (assuming your ESC's don't have BEC's)

I'm pretty sure the Frame has one built in.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

23 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

I'm pretty sure the Frame has one built in.

By the looks of the pdb, I'm going to have to disagree. There are no components to regulate the voltage. I only see traces and pads to connect to the ESCs to the battery. 

ASU

29 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

By the looks of the pdb, I'm going to have to disagree. There are no components to regulate the voltage. I only see traces and pads to connect to the ESCs to the battery. 

Alright then, now I'm confused how this all works. lol

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

So what is this guy doing? 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

18 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

So what is this guy doing? 

You can get power distribution boards (like the matek one I put in my build) that has circuits built in to handle voltage regulation, or you can get a small polulo circuit that you can solder in for voltage reduction. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

You can get power distribution boards (like the matek one I put in my build) that has circuits built in to handle voltage regulation, or you can get a small polulo circuit that you can solder in for voltage reduction. 

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__65585__S500_Glass_Fiber_Quadcopter_Frame_with_PDB_480mm.html 

So for something like this I would need a PDB? Second, how do they regulate voltage? Third, what are some good ones that are pretty cheap?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock