Good power supply suggestions

Jacob Malm

Ok so i am looking around to try to get an energy efficient 850 watt power supply that is fully modular and that is possibly 80 plus gold or platinum.Can someone give me a good suggestion?

Ya thanks! That's what i have been trying to hunt down. Thanks a lot!

That's probably what i'm going to get.

I'd get a Corsair PSU. Very reliable and great customer service so you'll know that you're in good hands if anything goes wrong with your PSU you can get a replacement in a timely fashion.

I would suggest some of the Silverstone or the like but their cabling is pretty horrible compared to Corsair however I have heard on their lower end units that people tend to have fan failures after 1-2 years although it's somewhat simple to swap out the fan..

Corsair, XFX, Seasonic, Silverstone, Super Flower, NZXT, Cooler Master. All good units, Seasonic and Super Flower are their own OEM, Corsair and XFX use Seasonic internals, and NZXT use Super Flower ( golden plus series ). Most of the time, you are buying a rebranded unit from OEMs such as Seasonic and Super Flower.

To everybody recommending Corsair...Remember that Corsair's higher quality PSU's are OEM'ed by Seasonic. So a Corsair AX850 is essentially a re-branded Seasonic X-850. I believe that most XFX power supplies are also OEM'ed by Seasonic.

Either way, all three are excellent choices :)

Go for a SEASONIC one, they are a huge OEM manufacturer for many powersupplies and make top quality products.

Something like this would be great (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151121). All of the cables are black so you will not have any ugly colors showing through the sleeving or at the connectors. Also 660w is plenty or overkill for most modern computers, but it really all depends on the specs of your computer that you have not mentioned in your post.

go for a be quiet one.. those are excellent

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I would only ever go with XFX 850w black edition (gold) or Corsair AX860i (platinum) or HX850 (gold) these three are definitely the ones to get!

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Another option would be to get an Antec High Current Pro 850W, which is 80 plus Gold. The OEM is Delta so you know that their won't be any quality issues. Looking at the review by jonnyguru, the max ripple on the 12v rail was only 40mV, which is well below the ATX spec of 120mV. For more information about the PSU, here is the link to the review:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=215

Current Rig:

Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.7GHz stock volts

Corsair A70

ASUS M4N75TD

WD 500GB Black Drive

WD 1TB Blue Drive

XFX GTS 250 at stock settings

XFX 650W XXX edition PSU

OCZ BE 4GB @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Mushkin Radioactive 8GB @ 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Cooler Master CM690II Advanced edition

Does Corsair Cx600 watts v2 Is it good for hd7850 Gfx I am going to overclock my gpu not my cpu and i have core i5 3550 Will it suffice?? (no Aftermarket Coolers or something)

Corsair AX860i is very good and comes with corsair link. Otherwise anything Silverstone or Seasonic are very good. (if you were sleeving then Silverstone are good since they don't have 2-1 cables which are a pain to sleeve)

Corsair AX860i it is! Thank you very much everyone!

Along with the previous suggestions I'll throw the NZXT Hale 90 850w as a suggestion too. It's a rebranded Superflower Golden Green which are really good units.

Antec HCP-850. Corsair is overpriced, at least here in Australia.