Displayport cables from Lindy, they any good

Metro

Hello

I am looking to get this Displayport cable for my monitor from Lindy, however I cannot find them as a Displayport certified company on Displayports website. Also how comes they list bandwidth at 17.28Gbp/s and not 21.6Gbp/s like other DP companies

So is Lindy any good as a cable company

This one

http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapters-c1/audio-video-c107/1m-cromo-displayport-cable-p6846

I might get this one

http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapters-c1/audio-video-c107/1m-gold-4k-uhd-displayport-cable-p8178

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

DisplayPort 1.2 sets the standard at 17.28Gbps. (Source: Wikipedia)

I personally don't see the point paying three times more for a display cable. Either of them should suffice your needs just fine.

I am using a unknown brand DisplayPort cable for my 34UM95, no issues whatsoever.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

3 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

DisplayPort 1.2 sets the standard at 17.28Gbps. (Source: Wikipedia)

I personally don't see the point paying three times more for a display cable. Either of them should suffice your needs just fine.

I am using a unknown brand DisplayPort cable for my 34UM95, no issues whatsoever.

If you have heard about scan lines on the ASUS PG348Q, the ASUS cable is not certified, then a few people used a different certified cable and scan lines were reduced, that is why I want to change cable :)

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

7 minutes ago, Metro said:

If you have heard about scan lines on the ASUS PG348Q, the ASUS cable is not certified, then a few people used a different certified cable and scan lines were reduced, that is why I want to change cable :)

Well, I definitely wouldn't pay for the more expensive cable at all if you decide to buy it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Well, I definitely wouldn't pay for the more expensive cable at all if you decide to buy it.

Yeah, I am more likely going to buy the cheaper version, however I cannot find out if these cables are DP certified, do you know?

1 minute ago, Metro said:

Yeah, I am more likely going to buy the cheaper version, however I cannot find out if these cables are DP certified, do you know?

Amazon claims they are: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-2m-CROMO-DisplayPort-Cable/dp/B007PKPUIK

Fully shielded cable with 24K gold plated contacts. Stylish chrome plated connector hoods. DisplayPort 1.2 HD 1600p compatible. Full support for high definition video multi-channel digital audio and DPCP. Supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600. Supports 8 channel uncompressed 24bit audio. DisplayPort compliance certified. 24K gold plated connector pins Bandwidth:17.28Gbps total. 10 year warranty

Highlighted claim in quote with bold text.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Amazon claims they are: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-2m-CROMO-DisplayPort-Cable/dp/B007PKPUIK

Highlighted claim in quote with bold text.

Thanks, I could only find that they certify their Gold £52 cables

Thanks, I could only find that they certify their Gold £52 cables

I went to the Cromo website directly and they also made this claim:

All DisplayPort cables in the CROMO range are DisplayPort compliance certified, giving you the assurance that they will work perfectly with all DisplayPort equipped devices.

Highlighted claim in bold text. 

Source: http://www.cromo.com.au/displayport-cable

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I went to the Cromo website directly and they also made this claim:

Highlighted claim in bold text. 

Source: http://www.cromo.com.au/displayport-cable

Thanks, tempted to get the Gold one, however £55 is quite expensive, although if you want the best it will be expensive :)

It is difficult as I cannot find any reviews for it, unlike the Chromo cable

Thanks for your time

Just now, Metro said:

Thanks, tempted to get the Gold one, however £55 is quite expensive, although if you want the best it will be expensive :)

It is difficult as I cannot find any reviews for it, unlike the Chromo cable

Thanks for your time

Though as a quick note, more expensive cables are not likely to benefit you unless you are that concerned about the materials used. If it's DisplayPort certified but only $5 and meets your requirements, it'll be fine. It is a digital signal after all. 

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Though as a quick note, more expensive cables are not likely to benefit you unless you are that concerned about the materials used. If it's DisplayPort certified but only $5 and meets your requirements, it'll be fine. It is a digital signal after all. 

One more question, is there any DP company better than Lindy

Yeah, however this ASUS cable is not certified and a few people are using different cables (one used the Lindy Chromo) said it reduced scan lines, so I just want a good quality DP cable now :)

One more question, is there any DP company better than Lindy

Yeah, however this ASUS cable is not certified and a few people are using different cables (one used the Lindy Chromo) said it reduced scan lines, so I just want a good quality DP cable now :)

I don't focus on any cable companies per se, as I generally buy cheap cables. Heck, I bought HDMI cables that were $1 that were totally fine.