Apple CEO Tim Cook Trash Talks Android

IPCharger

Tim Cook says that buying an outdated Android phone is like running iOS 3.

Apple CEO Tim Cook gave critical words about Android in an interview with BusinessWeek. Despite Android now being more popular than iOS, Cooks says he's not just looking at the raw numbers: "when you look at things like customer satisfaction and usage, you see the gap between Android and iOS being huge."

If one were to look at numbers, however, NetMarketShare attributes nearly 55 percent of all mobile traffic to iOS, while Android only made up 28 percent. Tim Cook looks at that stat to suggest that even though there are more Android devices sold, people are using their iPhones and iPads more often.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/tim-cook-iphone-android-fragmentation,24315.html

Any thoughts? :P

To be fair, running iOS 3 isn't that much different from running any other version of iOS except for iOS 7 imo.

tim-cook,V-W-364028-1.jpg<- he mad lol

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Thoughts = get android get free apps pay for what u want not for what apple want

Tim Cook looks like a witch.

He's mad bro

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Android ftw.

iOS is nice just not something I would use daily

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Does anyone even care about Apple anymore?

I feel like he's that kid in the group that nobody wants to hang out with that brags about all the cool stuff he has and all the neat things he does, everyone agrees, nods, and humors him because it's easier than telling him to f off.

I know all of you have known that kid at least once in your life.

Error: 410

It's just damage control...that's all

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

If I could say one thing to Tim Cook, it would to stop crying like a baby back bitch and actually come up innovate something instead of coming out with the same stuff year after year, after year. You are the reason Apple is Crapple, Tim Cook .

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

"when you look at things like customer satisfaction and usage, you see the gap between Android and iOS being huge."

People who aren't satisfied with Android aren't using it properly or don't know it's capabilities...

Tim Cook looks at that stat to suggest that even though there are more Android devices sold, people are using their iPhones and iPads more often.

Since Blackberry has dropped from the mobile market, soooo many companies have switched to Apple. Because they're made for non-technology savy people (A lot of people in corporate America/the entire world). So even if Android sells more devices, companies who use Apple as work phones are going to get more usage since people work quite a bit life... Piss off Timothy

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

The only good point he makes and I'm sure every person 100% agrees is the fragmentation. It's not as bad as it use to be but I have the Galaxy Note 2 and it's still 4.2 Android. Sure 4.3 is a minor upgrade in that fact but it has been out for many months now and has yet to come to my less than a year old device. That is a problem with having Samsung write a new OS for 4.3 than sending it to the carriers than having the carriers change it and install there bloatware apps than rolling it out to customers.

If Google really wanted to they could do the same thing Apple does with an application on your PC where you plug in your phone and it updates to a stock version of the latest android. But they don't seem to be doing that.

Hence why people like Cyanogen are trying to make a better version of android with OTA updates to solve some of these issues. 

But when you have (made up #) 4 androids for every iphone your going to get some fragmentation because there are hundreds of more devices all with different hardware.

I don't know of any android devices that still ship with android 2.x though so he's getting a little far fetch with talking about IOS3.

But with a new Iphone releasing soon he needs to say something to try and get some hype and reason for people to buy an Iphone.

And lastly yes, he does look like a witch or a warlock whichever one is the correct term.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Lmfao I'm liking this guy.

Who? Tim cook or a poster?

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

Very odd comments considering how many features and elements Android has inspired in iOS lately.  

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

I don't know of any android devices that still ship with android 2.x though so he's getting a little far fetch with talking about IOS3.

But with a new Iphone releasing soon he needs to say something to try and get some hype and reason for people to buy an Iphone.

As of maybe 1-2 years ago, depending on the cost of the device, it shipped with either 2.3 or 4.0, but again, that's due to manufacturer, and due to the notion that 4.0 required better hardware, when it actually didn't (at least, from a CPU/GPU/RAM perspective). It did require specific hardware to take advantage of certain OS features, but the Nexus One (originally launched with 1.6) was capable of running 4.0 and 4.1 at least (almost all features except for the specialized hardware). 

Google's recent changes will make it easier to get Android features on old devices through Play services and Google apps, without having to rely on the manufacturer making kernel/GUI modifications to the base Android OS. The kernel/GUI modifications and other bloatware apps slows down the update process for most devices, but it really shouldn't. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

*sigh* i miss steve :(

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

"NetMarketShare attributes nearly 55 percent of all mobile traffic to iOS", Mobile traffic, what does he mean by that, if he means like internet traffic, it could maybe show that iOS is used more oftenly as a toy, to look at youtube and stuff, and android being used as an actual phone, so I guess "mobile traffic" doesn't really mean much.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

To me it seems like the reason for the things he's talking about is that a large number of people buying android devices are just people buying cheap phones and many of those cheap phones happen to be android phones. Many of the people who buy a cheap phone are just looking to use it as a phone and not as a smartphone, therefor those people wouldnt really factor into things like netmarketshare numbers.

As of maybe 1-2 years ago, depending on the cost of the device, it shipped with either 2.3 or 4.0, but again, that's due to manufacturer, and due to the notion that 4.0 required better hardware, when it actually didn't (at least, from a CPU/GPU/RAM perspective). It did require specific hardware to take advantage of certain OS features, but the Nexus One (originally launched with 1.6) was capable of running 4.0 and 4.1 at least (almost all features except for the specialized hardware). 

Google's recent changes will make it easier to get Android features on old devices through Play services and Google apps, without having to rely on the manufacturer making kernel/GUI modifications to the base Android OS. The kernel/GUI modifications and other bloatware apps slows down the update process for most devices, but it really shouldn't. 

They really need to just allow stock android to be loaded on any phone so people can just get a better experience and not be stuck on an old OS anymore.

As someone who uses a Custom Rom and has CM 4.3 already it doesn't effect me really but most people don't want to deal with unlocking and rooting there phone to get the latest updates, and voiding there warranty.

They do seem to be updating more features through the playstore though, so less frequent small updates so you aren't dragging way behind but than that means if you have 5.0 instead of 5.2 what your missing isn't small changes to the keyboard but larger changes to the whole OS itself, which isn't that good of a plan either.

*sigh* i miss steve :(

Why he shit on Android harder than anyone else claiming everyone copied his work and he was the creator of everything we have today.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I agree. Most of the problems with Android fragmentation are because of manufacturers not supporting their devices, and to be honext, you can't really expect that much support from cheap smartphones. That doesn't make Android a bad OS. Most of the people that buy Android phones don't care about having the most recent version of Android, and the ones that care buy Nexus phones...

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

They really need to just allow stock android to be loaded on any phone so people can just get a better experience and not be stuck on an old OS anymore.

As someone who uses a Custom Rom and has CM 4.3 already it doesn't effect me really but most people don't want to deal with unlocking and rooting there phone to get the latest updates, and voiding there warranty.

Let's hope some of these problems  get fixed with the new plans for Cyanogenmod.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Most people don't really even need the latest version of Android cause the older versions still have great features.  Mr. Cook is just mad that it took them 7 major revisions of their OS to introduce some form of multitasking and a way of controlling basic functions without having to go on a mission into the settings.  I mean when Blackberry beats you to these features with their OS...

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Thoughts = get android get free apps pay for what u want not for what apple want

Get android, get crappy* apps

Fixed

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Most people don't really even need the latest version of Android cause the older versions still have great features.  Mr. Cook is just mad that it took them 7 major revisions of their OS to introduce some form of multitasking and a way of controlling basic functions without having to go on a mission into the settings.  I mean when Blackberry beats you to these features with their OS...

It's true, I love my blackberry OS tbh :P it's clean and easy to use - not the fastest as sometimes it freezes but I push that 256mb ram WAYYYYYYYY too far.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I can drag and drop music onto my Android out of the box and have it picked up by any android music player. What does iTunes have?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers