Folding client consistently gets disconnected and i have to reinstall

so i posted a post a couple of days ago about folding at home disconected from the client and kind of running wild. anyways this has happened almost everyday now. I need a permanent solution to this problem.

thanks

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

It just happened again can anyone help me this is very frustrating.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Could you try and explain some more as to what actually happens?

If i forcibly close the client without exiting properly, it will continue

to work in the background, because it never actually shut down

the wu's. At that point i have to manually close whatever process

that is running.. 

Do you mean that the client just randomly disconnects, quits on 

you while it's still working on the wu's? Are you doing anything 

that could initiate this?

You could check if all the exceptions in the firewall and such are

in order, for starters.. 

1 hour ago, tobben said:

Could you try and explain some more as to what actually happens?

If i forcibly close the client without exiting properly, it will continue

to work in the background, because it never actually shut down

the wu's. At that point i have to manually close whatever process

that is running.. 

Do you mean that the client just randomly disconnects, quits on 

you while it's still working on the wu's? Are you doing anything 

that could initiate this?

You could check if all the exceptions in the firewall and such are

in order, for starters.. 

no i mean the client control panel just disconnects and says that folding has stopped (even though i can see it hasn't) and i can never regain control of the folding it just continues. also i have checked my firewall thats not the problem 

On 10.4.2016 at 7:14 PM, Maybach123 said:

no i mean the client control panel just disconnects and says that folding has stopped (even though i can see it hasn't) and i can never regain control of the folding it just continues. also i have checked my firewall thats not the problem 

The client just greys out and you can't interact with it, like it usually does

when it's inactive? 

What happens if you shut it down and try to reopen it? or better yet, try to

open the web interface and see if it connects http://folding.stanford.edu/client/

1 minute ago, tobben said:

The client just greys out and you can't interact with it, like it usually does

when it's inactive? 

What happens if you shut it down and try to reopen it? or better yet, try to

open the web interface and see if it connects http://folding.stanford.edu/client/

both the client would gray out and web interface would say it could not connect but so far this but it hasn't happened again since i posted this topic so fingers crossed it stays working 

2 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

both the client would gray out and web interface would say it could not connect but so far this but it hasn't happened again since i posted this topic so fingers crossed it stays working 

Hi,

I have the same problem on my work pc. I have yet to solve it, but here is what I have gathered:

When you install it works fine.

Once you reboot, the folding program stops communicating with the client, whether it be the online one or the folding control. You then have to uninstall and reinstall.

My guess is that is has something to do with user accounts and admin rights. 

When you install the Windows UAC asks you for admin permissions, and since FAH starts directly after install it keeps going. But since on reboot you don't give it the admin permissions, it doesn't work.

I haven't played with it a ton, because I actually have to work occasionally at my job (Sucks, right?). But what you can try is wait for the program to become unresponsive again, then start Task Manager, and kill it. Open up the FAH install folder (should be in Program Files x86) and find the FAHClient.exe   see if you can run that as admin manually.

Good Luck!