Issue with wii downloads (WiiU)

dlf

it seems lately my WiiU will refuse to play Wii downloads (downloaded to the WiiU, not the virtual Wii) on my external drive, I know they've played before. Example: I click the icon for Metroid Prime Trilogy (downloaded to my external drive), I get the option to choose TV (rather a monitor since the WiiU is connected to one) or the TV & Gamepad - regardless of which I select the short image of MPT shows fades to black then after a while the WiiU reboots. WiiU games (Mario kart 8, Trine 1/2, tropical freeze, 3d world, captain toad, super mario maker, woolly world, etc will work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Are those other games you listed also playing off your hard drive? If so, maybe there's just a problem with your Metroid Trilogy game? I'd try redownloading the game. I use a 500 GB hard drive to play some of my games (including Metroid Prime Trilogy) and I've never had that problem before. If you can't play any games from your hard drive, then maybe something has gone wrong with it. In that case, try using another hard drive or just moving the game to the WiiU internal memory if you can.