Michiganders!

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Arty said:

Well it aint like the state is likely to do anything about it. They still getting shit for Flint. Because they still haven't gotten the water fixed. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, Inkz said:

How is everyone enjoying the snow?

We didn't get anything really down here in oakland county.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

5 hours ago, Inkz said:

How is everyone enjoying the snow?

We got a light dusting near Metro Airport. Thats about it. 

5 hours ago, noobadin said:

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

We got a light dusting near Metro Airport. Thats about it. 

Really? In Muskegon county we got a decent amount today.

On 10/21/2016 at 11:25 PM, Donut417 said:

We live in Romulus, We do all our shopping in Belleville, because Romulus doesn't even have a grocery store. We started shopping at Kroger on Michigan Ave and Walmart. 

I love Kroger, my only complaint is that they are pretty limited in anything other than food or basic home/auto supplies, though there are other places I can go for that stuff. (Like Meijer or AutoZone)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 hours ago, noobadin said:

:o There's another!

We're supposed to get hit pretty hard Sunday afternoon/night.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

52 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Is anyone else getting a lot of snow right now?

No snow in Metro Detroit. Just cold enough to kill a senior citizen in about 30 seconds. 

12 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Is anyone else getting a lot of snow right now?

This very moment? No, it did for the past few days but not today.

yes, my e38 is hella sliding 

We've got probably a good 8-12" on the ground right now, hoping the temperature drops a few more degrees than the forecast says, and the wind picks up a few miles per hour more, that way the wind chill goes below -25f and school gets cancelled! :P

2 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

In Portage unless temps dropped to 30 below you'd have school no matter what. In Indiana two inches and everyone loses their damn minds

When I was a kid, we could have a foot of snow on the ground and still would have school. If the school board could get to the job, then school was in session. I hated it. My mom was nice and gave me and my sister a skip day once a year. So it was like having a snow day. Lucky for me, the bus stop was right in front of my house. 

On 5/24/2016 at 10:50 PM, legacy99 said:

lol, probably a good time to post I am a Yooper,

And I am a Troll. :P

And just so everyone knows how we got that thorn stuck in our mitten:

It was a result of the Toledo War when those thieving Ohioans tried to steal the Toledo Strip from us.

We raised our mighty Michigan Militia and defeated those lily-livered churls from the south and reclaimed the territory that was rightfully ours. It was about this time that President Jackson intervened by sending troops and the United States invaded Michigan (we weren't a state at the time) and occupied the Toledo Strip. Upon arrival the commander of this invasion force proclaimed, "You children stop this nonsense or I will paddle both your behinds!" Oddly, while we were forced to accept foreign American troops on our sacred soil, this left us in possession of the Toledo Strip. Having said that, those knaves in Ohio never stopped plotting against us and when we applied for statehood, they used foul trickery in Congress to wrest from us that which the glorious Michigan Militia so gallantly defended. Now contrary to popular belief, there are two or three honorable politicians in Congress and always have been, so even though we were forced to give up the Toledo Strip we received the Upper Peninsula as compensation.

That is the real story as to how the Upper Peninsula became a part of Michigan. Don't believe a word about it from those lying thieves in Ohio.

Oh, and Canada... Stop sending the Polar Vortex into Michigan or we just may be forced to raise the mighty Michigan Militia again and send it North in a punitive expedition. Although, if you send it across Lake Erie into Ohio, that would be fine. :)

Stay tuned and someday I may post other tales of military prowess. Maybe I will cover a hard fought conflict between the US and British Canada called, "The Great Pig War" and explain why a Union Jack still flies over a US Park.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

16 hours ago, gcubed said:

And I am a Troll. :P

And just so everyone knows how we got that thorn stuck in our mitten:

It was a result of the Toledo War when those thieving Ohioans tried to steal the Toledo Strip from us.

We raised our mighty Michigan Militia and defeated those lily-livered churls from the south and reclaimed the territory that was rightfully ours. It was about this time that President Jackson intervened by sending troops and the United States invaded Michigan (we weren't a state at the time) and occupied the Toledo Strip. Upon arrival the commander of this invasion force proclaimed, "You children stop this nonsense or I will paddle both your behinds!" Oddly, while we were forced to accept foreign American troops on our sacred soil, this left us in possession of the Toledo Strip. Having said that, those knaves in Ohio never stopped plotting against us and when we applied for statehood, they used foul trickery in Congress to wrest from us that which the glorious Michigan Militia so gallantly defended. Now contrary to popular belief, there are two or three honorable politicians in Congress and always have been, so even though we were forced to give up the Toledo Strip we received the Upper Peninsula as compensation.

That is the real story as to how the Upper Peninsula became a part of Michigan. Don't believe a word about it from those lying thieves in Ohio.

Oh, and Canada... Stop sending the Polar Vortex into Michigan or we just may be forced to raise the mighty Michigan Militia again and send it North in a punitive expedition. Although, if you send it across Lake Erie into Ohio, that would be fine. :)

Stay tuned and someday I may post other tales of military prowess. Maybe I will cover a hard fought conflict between the US and British Canada called, "The Great Pig War" and explain why a Union Jack still flies over a US Park.

OH I agree,

Stop sending them indeed... it is damn cold here in Iron Mountain in my office... -6 right now before wind chill.. and were also expecting 5-9 inches of snow tomorrow night too!!!

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

• 1 month later...

Wow it has been so warm outside, I even went out for a run today. 

1 minute ago, Inkz said:

Wow it has been so warm outside, I even went out for a run today. 

Global warming for the win!!!!!

16 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Global warming for the win!!!!!

El Nino* not global warming 

Well, winter reared its ugly head. I nearly saw and accident on i94. Some dumb ass from New Jersey that didnt know how to drive. You not suppose to have your mustang sideways on the expressway.