Can't sign in to more than one device at a time??

So, ever since the switch to the new forum I haven't been able to be signed into more than one device at a time. I used to be able to stay signed in to as many as I needed. I have my desktop, my laptop, a tablet, my smartphone, my computer at work, and other devices that I would use as needed. Now I sign into one, go to use a different device, sign in, and when I go back to the other device I have to log in again. Is this supposed to be a function of the new forum setup? Id really like to be able to keep multiple devices logged in at once.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

It's supposed to work, and sometimes does, but for some reason it does log you out sometimes. It is something that I will look into, but for now just try logging in again, and I think you'll probably find that it works as you expect.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It's supposed to work, and sometimes does, but for some reason it does log you out sometimes. It is something that I will look into, but for now just try logging in again, and I think you'll probably find that it works as you expect.

For the past couple weeks it seems to have worked ok with my home and work desktops being signed into at the same time, but as soon as I signed in on my laptop last night while doing taxes it logged me out of both. I'll try to see if I can find something specific that triggers it.

MoAQjf7.gif

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

5 hours ago, DevilishBooster said:

For the past couple weeks it seems to have worked ok with my home and work desktops being signed into at the same time, but as soon as I signed in on my laptop last night while doing taxes it logged me out of both. I'll try to see if I can find something specific that triggers it.

I've identified the cause of this issue, and am reporting it to the forum software developers. Once you've had all your devices logged out, you then get a week to log devices in without it logging all other devices out.

HTTP/2 203

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I've identified the cause of this issue, and am reporting it to the forum software developers. Once you've had all your devices logged out, you then get a week to log devices in without it logging all other devices out.

That's weird because I have never manually logged out of the forum. I have it set to always remember me and automatically log in. The only time I've been logged out since the switch is when the forum logs me out for no reason. I'll try logging out of all the devices this weekend and then logging in again all on the same day to see what it does.

END OF LINE

28 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

That's weird because I have never manually logged out of the forum. I have it set to always remember me and automatically log in. The only time I've been logged out since the switch is when the forum logs me out for no reason. I'll try logging out of all the devices this weekend and then logging in again all on the same day to see what it does.

Yeah, so because you just logged into another device, it logged out all your other devices, and you then have to log them in again within the next week. After the week has elapsed, logging into another device or browser will then log all your other browsers out again, and the cycle repeats.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yeah, so because you just logged into another device, it logged out all your other devices, and you then have to log them in again within the next week. After the week has elapsed, logging into another device or browser will then log all your other browsers out again, and the cycle repeats.

Oh. I don't know much about web design, but that's definitely something I would not choose to implement. Lol.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll just log into each device and then try to make sure to not log into something new in the future.

END OF LINE

1 hour ago, DevilishBooster said:

Oh. I don't know much about web design, but that's definitely something I would not choose to implement.

That's basically the pure definition of the forums over the last 2 or 3 months :P 

@colonel_mortis here has my sympathy for his eternal whack-a-mole game.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

That's basically the pure definition of the forums over the last 2 or 3 months :P 

@colonel_mortis here has my sympathy for his eternal whack-a-mole game.

My member title was updated recently, to give you an idea of just how bad it is.

HTTP/2 203

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/04/2016 at 6:17 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Apparently this is not a bug, it's a (pathetic excuse for a) security feature.

best security ever

11/10

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)