Lian Li PC-O6S Case Review

1 hour ago, conoro said:

Have you actually seen this case in person? Honestly.

no I haven't.  Is it like massively more amazing in person?  

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I only buy Lian Li. I've had my eye on this new lineup for a while now, looks like a winner. I personally like the price, it keeps every scrub away from having the same case I do. High price of entry isn't always a bad thing.

i would be interested in this case if it had room for another rad

Returning after 8 years dormant

22 hours ago, Immortal Khaled said:

Can I fit the pc o 5 in a backpack and take it with me on an airplane? 9_9

a very large backpack i suppose. it is not a large case, 

@Slick Bud. you're great. great hair. taller than Linus. Pretty funny. Smart. you ain't no jive turkey. i know you have it in you to do a beautiful build in this case in this case (its a correct sentence, believe me, i got learneed). i know that ugly stuff in there was just a joke, right? at our expense? hehe. hmmmm

1 hour ago, Bigheart said:

@Slick Bud. you're great. great hair. taller than Linus. Pretty funny. Smart. you ain't no jive turkey. i know you have it in you to do a beautiful build in this case in this case (its a correct sentence, believe me, i got learneed). i know that ugly stuff in there was just a joke, right? at our expense? hehe. hmmmm

Yeah I was wondering what was up with the lighting strips... I guess they were like "I'd really want to make this look cool, but I've got like 2 minutes, so..." :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On April 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

no I haven't.  Is it like massively more amazing in person?  

Yes, it's literally a piece of art.

24 minutes ago, conoro said:

Yes, it's literally a piece of art.

well the video didn't capture that entirely then... at least, not for me

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well the video didn't capture that entirely then... at least, not for me

No and that's why we're all annoyed, check out my and the other guys build...

To add to the frustration circlejerk, We've seen from this channel an example of this case series being used well, in the Digital Storm pre-built. 

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

3 hours ago, Qub3d said:

To add to the frustration circlejerk, We've seen from this channel an example of this case series being used well, in the Digital Storm pre-built. 

I absolutely love the bolt, its such a cool build, I think I'm going to get some cablemod cables for my build. On another note, another Michigander!

Yea, Black looks good but 6 weeks Later of Designing and modding I decided that i wanted something different to the original specs of the base, I by give you the beast within. May i add Lian Li sad that it wouldn't look good. Just Forget About the Power Button part im not happy :( about that part

Specs
CPU: intel i7-6700K Sitting at 4.7GHz OC
GPU: Gigabyte 980TI G1 Gamming

Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER Gaming - Titanium Edition
Memory: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominators 

PSU: Corsair Rmi850
SSD: Samsung Evo Pro 250GB

HHD: WD Black 3T

Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

IMG_1310[2].JPG

IMG_1323[1].JPG

On 4/8/2016 at 1:34 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

At least with something like a 900D, you're getting something obvious and tangible (enormous capacity) for your money

With a lian-li case you're getting the obvious and tangible aspect of full aluminum and tempered glass construction. Aluminum is EXPENSIVE to manufacture things with.

16 minutes ago, BenjaminC said:

With a lian-li case you're getting the obvious and tangible aspect of full aluminum and tempered glass construction. Aluminum is EXPENSIVE to manufacture things with.

I hate when people say this shit. It just isn't true.

Aluminum is expensive in the sense that the metal cost of that case is 50 dollars not <10 dollars of steel. Aluminium is NOT harder to work with (unless you are welding or heat treating which they are not.) And recycling is very cost efficient (you can get a significant portion of the per unit area value of scrap back.)

In fact that is being generous, as a random consumer can make that case out of 50 dollars of 16 GA aluminium. The case uses less than 5 square feet of Aluminium...

Lian Li cases are insanely overpriced for that they are. They don't even have half way decent functionality either.

Call an Apple and Apple and lets be done with it.

Now when you have a huge case made out of thick aluminium, and you make the case in the US where volume is king, then you can claim Aluminium is expensive (Caselabs I see you.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

7 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

In fact that is being generous, as a random consumer can make that case out of 50 dollars of 16 GA aluminium. The case uses less than 5 square feet of Aluminium...

OK Mr. random consumer, go make a PC-06S out of 16g aluminum. You have a budget of $50. That includes time, materials, case components, hardware, tools and lawyers to get you a patent.

Lian Li cases often put form before function, as well as the fact that aluminum is more challenging to manufacture with. People don't buy Lian Li cases because they think they're priced competitively or offer the best functionality, they buy them because they like them. Did Lian Li kill your pet gecko or something? What's your deal?

11 hours ago, BenjaminC said:

OK Mr. random consumer, go make a PC-06S out of 16g aluminum. You have a budget of $50. That includes time, materials, case components, hardware, tools and lawyers to get you a patent.

Lian Li cases often put form before function, as well as the fact that aluminum is more challenging to manufacture with. People don't buy Lian Li cases because they think they're priced competitively or offer the best functionality, they buy them because they like them. Did Lian Li kill your pet gecko or something? What's your deal?

Did I say I could make it for a total of 50 dollars with everything included? No.

I said saying that the CASE DESERVES TO BE INSANELY OVERPRICED because it is made out of aluminium is INSANE AND STUPID.

Aluminium is NOT harder to work with. End of story.

If you want to buy a Lian Li case for the statement, FINE. But don't bullshit anyone else by claiming the materials make up for it (that like claiming an iPhone is worth buying because it's expensive to manufacture.)

That is writing "the moon is made of cheese" at the bottom of a paper then going through 100 clever rationalizations on why it is made of cheese and ending with QED. The moon either is or isn't made of cheese regardless of your justifications.

If the actual rule you use to buy a Lian Li case is "damn that looks hawt", then your ability to select the case is limited by the effectiveness of your rule. Rationalization doesn't change the fact.

ESP considering Lian-Li uses ultra-cheap large scale production (relative to what any consumer would pay and even compared to what a US start up would pay for parts/labor/development/manufacturing).

I use the same argument against Case Labs cases, although their bomb costs (and manufacturing costs) are a WAY HIGHER proportion of the sale price. They probably couldn't actually sell a SMA8 for 350 dollars and still make money. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Did I say I could make it for a total of 50 dollars with everything included? No.

I said saying that the CASE DESERVES TO BE INSANELY OVERPRICED because it is made out of aluminium is INSANE AND STUPID.

Aluminium is NOT harder to work with. End of story.

If you want to buy a Lian Li case for the statement, FINE. But don't bullshit anyone else by claiming the materials make up for it (that like claiming an iPhone is worth buying because it's expensive to manufacture.)

That is writing "the moon is made of cheese" at the bottom of a paper then going through 100 clever rationalizations on why it is made of cheese and ending with QED. The moon either is or isn't made of cheese regardless of your justifications.

If the actual rule you use to buy a Lian Li case is "damn that looks hawt", then your ability to select the case is limited by the effectiveness of your rule. Rationalization doesn't change the fact.

ESP considering Lian-Li uses ultra-cheap large scale production (relative to what any consumer would pay and even compared to what a US start up would pay for parts/labor/development/manufacturing).

I use the same argument against Case Labs cases, although their bomb costs (and manufacturing costs) are a WAY HIGHER proportion of the sale price. They probably couldn't actually sell a SMA8 for 350 dollars and still make money. 

WEW

On 4/19/2016 at 3:36 AM, BenjaminC said:

This guy gets it.