Lian Li PC-O6S Case Review

Can linus do a review of the pc-tu100 ?

(⌐■_■) 

why are these things so beautifull! now i have to buy one, but DAMN these are not cheap!

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Linus may build a £30000 PC but Luke built a PC in a bomb. 

Title of the video 

Make an aesthetic statement with your case

"Let's just throw these LED strips in there, so what if it looks like we didn't put any effort into making it look nice, half ass everything." - Luke

I love the case, really wish Luke built a Micro-ATX build in it though (seriously? no Micro-ATX in that huge warehouse? Come on guiz...) The mini-ITX build looks less than desirable... Especially with all that exposed wiring. This is definitely a case for the enthusiasts who are willing to go the extra mile with custom length sleeved cable, since the full tempered glass side panel doesn't allow you to hide any subpar cable management. Disappointed that Luke didn't point out the front I/O cables still using rainbow colored ends...

Great case, ugly quick build, no amount of fancy camera angle is going to hide the ugly build.

It's $360.00

Holy bananas.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Clearly what you need to do for the next compensator is base the build on 4 Fury Pro Duo cards

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

13 minutes ago, N7Hristov said:

What is the CPU cooler used in the build?

looks like a phanteks ph-tc90ls to me.

Can I fit the pc o 5 in a backpack and take it with me on an airplane? 9_9

what's the point of being able to install a micro-ATX board if there's only one half height bracket for expansion cards?!

nevermind, I looked at the chassis on LinLi page and there are expansion slots at the bottom of the case via raisers - Luke forgot to detail this point :dry:

o6s-f-12-a.jpg o6s-f-14.jpg

This is the first video of yours I've ever disliked... we never got a micro atx board... so go buy one? The lighting and cable management looks like your threw it together in 5 minutes. It just looks bad like you didn't care.

6 minutes ago, Xupthree60 said:

This is the first video of yours I've ever disliked... we never got a micro atx board... so go buy one? The lighting and cable management looks like your threw it together in 5 minutes. It just looks bad like you didn't care.

Yeah I was confused by that. They can't go to a local shop and spend some money on a micro ATX board to make the review so much better?

This video was a sad, sad, video for me to watch. There were so many aspects of it that just seemed rushed like the light strips, not having a mATX motherboard, not having sleeved cables, and not having screws for the tempered glass side door. I hope this was just a 'cheat' video because your buffer was running low and you needed to get something out. I don't know if this was just me but I disliked the look of the fan on the cpu heat-sink.
Keep the scrapyard wars coming! 

Before I begin, I love Linus Tech Tips and everyone it in. I really appreciate all the great videos you guys put out...I watch every single one of them and use your Amazon link when I make my purchases.

I love the case but why the ugly build? Was this video rushed?

Ugly cables, ugly GPU, Ugly LED light strip, Ugly PSU, Ugly CPU cooler. So sad.

I am only mentioning this because I think very highly of you guys and this video was very sub standard.

Hey, it's my favorite case!... Well, I've been a (relatively) happy owner of a PC-07s for going on a year now, and really my only complaints are the hard to access fan filters and odd power supply placement. You actually have to unscrew three screws and take off the front panel to get to it for cleaning. I've ended up just setting it on the top of my case above the fan grill. Also, you have to run a cable from the opposite corner of the case down to holes for the power cord, and if like me all you own is a ~5ft cable, it can be hard to reach an outlet from the top of a desk.

Other than those two little things, the build quality is amazing (as it should be for the price)  and I really can't see myself changing cases in the forseeable future.

20160408_094310.jpg

I feel like cases from Lian Li always get such a positive reception regardless of what they are like just because of the name, like it's sacrilegious to not love it or something.

Be honest guys, if you just found a case with no name on it, and it had no bottom vents, weird PSU mounting, scant cable management options and cost over $300, you would just rip them apart in the review, would you not?

There have certainly been some... interesting cases from Lian Li, what with the yacht and train, etc. but their "normal" ones like this all seem similar to me: not really impressive in any way - at least no more so that cases from other companies like cooler master, etc. - but yet very expensive.  I just don't get it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 hours ago, Energycore said:

It's $360.00

Holy bananas.

Yeah, I always look at Lian Li cases and then turn away because they're so expensive.

I assume they use expensive materials to make them, but I just can't ever justify paying that much extra for them(just like caselabs).

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Yeah, I always look at Lian Li cases and then turn away because they're so expensive.

I assume they use expensive materials to make them, but I just can't ever justify paying that much extra for them(just like caselabs).

At least with something like a 900D, you're getting something obvious and tangible (enormous capacity) for your money

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

That's £254 over here.

Still hella expensive for a case.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I feel like cases from Lian Li always get such a positive reception regardless of what they are like just because of the name, like it's sacrilegious to not love it or something.

Be honest guys, if you just found a case with no name on it, and it had no bottom vents, weird PSU mounting, scant cable management options and cost over $300, you would just rip them apart in the review, would you not?

There have certainly been some... interesting cases from Lian Li, what with the yacht and train, etc. but their "normal" ones like this all seem similar to me: not really impressive in any way - at least no more so that cases from other companies like cooler master, etc. - but yet very expensive.  I just don't get it.

I think the tempered glass window is a really nice touch and wall-mountable cases don't come cheap in general. But even then I'd only pay $150 for this.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

What the actual hell were they thinking when they decided to film it! That is the absolute worst build I have seen come out of the channel. It was lazy and half-assed, the cables were routed very poorly and the led placement was laughable, honestly luke should be ashamed, I know he can do much better than that. I don't know if he was just rushed or what, but that was seriously bad. I just did a build in the Lian Li PC-07, take a look to see what that should have looked like... https://goo.gl/photos/9ViJ3UA9pA1EdVEE8 https://goo.gl/photos/AAXugngPZ4KM5THa9 

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

At least with something like a 900D, you're getting something obvious and tangible (enormous capacity) for your money

I got rid of my 750D for the PC-07, I don't regret it one bit.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Have you actually seen this case in person? Honestly.