any file edit makes fallout 4 crash?

GreezyJeezy

so i got my fallout to not crash and then i wanted to change the FOV and i did it and it crashed. i changed the file back and still crash, so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked,

so to test if my thought was right i edited a file again and then crash, so reinstalled the game again and this time all i did was open the .inf file press save (i changed nothing)  and guess what, the game crashed. why does this happen? i cant even change my FOV :((( 

i just found out if i copy the file before opening it i can just replace it with the one i copied so i dont have to reinstall the game.

6 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

do you like carrot cake?

y u troll?

Just now, josephaltareb said:

y u troll?

? im not its a legit question, im doing a quick survey

12 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

so i got my fallout to not crash and then i wanted to change the FOV and i did it and it crashed. i changed the file back and still crash, so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked,

so to test if my thought was right i edited a file again and then crash, so reinstalled the game again and this time all i did was open the .inf file press save (i changed nothing)  and guess what, the game crashed. why does this happen? i cant even change my FOV :((( 

i just found out if i copy the file before opening it i can just replace it with the one i copied so i dont have to reinstall the game.

are you running any mods? has this been happening since the latest update? steam or physical copy? just asking since im going to reinstall to play the new dlc sometime this week and i have noticed this has been happening to a few users lately

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

Just now, papapoi said:

are you running any mods? has this been happening since the latest update? steam or physical copy? just asking since im going to reinstall to play the new dlc sometime this week and i have noticed this has been happening to a few users lately

steam and i have no mods. i just started the game over again, i dont have DLC either 

4 minutes ago, papapoi said:

i just loaded up fallout and it worked some how. i didnt do anything it just worked.

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

i just loaded up fallout and it worked some how. i didnt do anything it just worked.

ah ok, hopefully i dont run into any problems , this is a newly built system so i haven't installed any games yet my other system i was running about 25-30 mods and never had any problems so i guess i will find out once i install it

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20