'Insecure Connection' teh fok hapepend?

LTTconnection.png

whatsmybrowser.org/b/G85IDDP

ayy the fuck happened?

So here is the story

Just chillin' then I feel like going to the forums, gonna go to the forums then this comes up

I'm like 'dafuq'

I've still got the page open with the connection thingy, and somehow when I opened another tab it let me go into the forums like normal

pls halp ;=;

Also if you want me to do anything with the page (like click on things) ask, I've still got it open, and I'll report back! :3

edit: great spelling for the title, don't ya think?

Your internet connection is being intercepted by a bt openzone captive portal - you need to log into your wifi.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Your internet connection is being intercepted by a bt openzone captive portal - you need to log into your wifi.

then it will be fine?

Most likely.  They probably do SSL interception until you're signed in.

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

then it will be fine?

It should be. The issue is that the wireless router that you're connected to is intercepting your traffic, which is nothing to do with us, and there's nothing we can do about it (though our configuration is why you can't bypass that security prompt, in return for extra security). I doubt that it's configured to intercept all traffic once you've logged in, but it is possible.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It should be. The issue is that the wireless router that you're connected to is intercepting your traffic, which is nothing to do with us, and there's nothing we can do about it (though our configuration is why you can't bypass that security prompt, in return for extra security). I doubt that it's configured to intercept all traffic once you've logged in, but it is possible.

oh okay thanks!

43 minutes ago, ChrisUK said:

Most likely.  They probably do SSL interception until you're signed in.

Yeah, it's because they're trying to redirect you to their login portal, but as you've connected to a site with SSL they cannot give you the proper header to do the redirect.

41 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

oh okay thanks!

So yeah, just try to visit a non-secure site (may I suggest http://xkcd.com, it is my site of choice for logging into captive portals :D )

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB