The Super Smash Bros Melee for Nintendo Gamecube Thread!

EscalatorBoy

I'm having a hard time finding a physical copy of melee to play on my Wii. Any ideas? Perhaps I can order one on ebay, or perhaps there's a better way.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

7 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'm having a hard time finding a physical copy of melee to play on my Wii. Any ideas? Perhaps I can order one on ebay, or perhaps there's a better way.

You're form the Netherlands right?

I have a disc only copy of the game, with slight scratches on it you can buy from me. On my GameCube the game works perfect, but I had a few issues playing it on my Wii though :/

Otherwise you can go to a second hand game store and look for it (although some places like to ask way too much for the game)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

You're form the Netherlands right?

I have a disc only copy of the game, with slight scratches on it you can buy from me. On my GameCube the game works perfect, but I had a few issues playing it on my Wii though :/

Otherwise you can go to a second hand game store and look for it (although some places like to ask way too much for the game)

Nah I'm from mexico, I just like the dutch language for some reason. I'll try and go to second-hand stores. Brand new copies cost more than $100 US lol.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Nah I'm from mexico, I just like the dutch language for some reason. I'll try and go to second-hand stores. Brand new copies cost more than $100 US lol.

Oh, okay :P I saw your profile picture in the Dutch Talk sometimes so just assumed.. Nevermind it.

You could also try visiting thrift shops, as they sometimes have games too. Some time ago I got a GameCube with two controllers, all cables and Melee for 20 euros. Still have to sell the GameCube (note to self: sell GameCube) and will probably make back the money I spent. Effectively giving me a free copy of a good Melee disc.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone tune in to WTFox 2 over the weekend? Nutty tournament, definitely some unpredictable results.

SPOILERS:

Spoiler

• Wizzrobe 3-0 over Hungrybox. Falcon can beat Puff, who knew?
  • Mew2King 3-0 over Hungrybox to eliminate him at 5th
  • Mew2King actually putting up a good fight against Armada. I think the new sponsor is helping improve his mindset
  • Mang0 going Marth on FD and beating Armada 3-0 in Grand Finals.
  • The Moon was playing out of his mind - great Marth tounament overall, but definitely saw some improvement from him since the beginning of the year.

2016 is turning out to be really interesting - the gods have never looked more vulnerable, and everyone is getting real good real fast.

• 3 weeks later...

Woah SSBM on this forum nice!

I'm a player from the philippines our melee scene is practically non-existent but we have a decent wiiu tourneys every now and then. 

Fav players are ppmd, hbox and amsa

My mains are yoshi, falco, marth 20eggseggs all the wayyy... Tho I can't say I'm any good at any of them. 

Hbox won evo 2016 how amazing is that. 

Melee on this forum? Nice! :D

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

• 4 weeks later...

Smash Masters at Super Smash Con was awesome!

Would recommend watching it. Here are my thoughts on it (which include spoilers, you are warned):

Spoiler

I was rooting for Wizzrobe the entire time, but expected the worst from the final (which I predicted would be M2K vs. Wizzrobe). Wizzrobe was a lot better than I expected in Brawl to be honest

• 6 months later...
On 8/18/2016 at 5:52 AM, Minibois said:

Smash Masters at Super Smash Con was awesome!

Would recommend watching it. Here are my thoughts on it (which include spoilers, you are warned):

Hide contents

I was rooting for Wizzrobe the entire time, but expected the worst from the final (which I predicted would be M2K vs. Wizzrobe). Wizzrobe was a lot better than I expected in Brawl to be honest

Loved the concept of smash masters, commentary was spot on also. Wish the would do it in other tournaments (and zero would not drop out)