Hotspot Shield Sponsor Link

LinusTech

hs.png

Guys, Hotspot Shield is offering 20% off on Elite sign-ups to LinusTechTips viewers.

A VPN allows you to mask your IP from folks who would want to know it, and also allows you to circumvent pesky geographical restrictions on services like Hulu and Netflix :)

Here's how to get your 20% off:

1. Learn about Hotspot Shield here: http://www.hotspotshield.com/lp/access_us_sites_elite_trial_amb6/?utm_source=linus&utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=accessuscontent
  2. Then get the 20% discount by clicking: http://store.eSellerate.net/hsselite/linus

sweet

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've never used a VPN, maybe I oughta try just because I can. :D

The real question is...is this NSA-proof?

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

hotspot-shield-logo-300x110.jpg

There will be no cake.

That joke is soooo old now...

It can never be too old.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

the last time I touched Hot Spot Shield it stealth installed Ask.com toolbar, Ultrasurf is much better in my opinion.

Your school blocks youtube?

Yep, the only way you can is if you are a teacher and go through all theses steps through the district.

• 1 month later...

hotspot-shield-logo-300x110.jpg

Guys, Hotspot Shield is offering 20% off on Elite sign-ups to LinusTechTips viewers. Click this link: http://bit.ly/HSShare and save... on cake...

There will be no cake.

That joke is soooo old now...

But what's not old is using a VPN. It allows you to mask your IP from folks who would want to know it, and also allows you to circumvent pesky geographical restrictions on services like Hulu and Netflix :)

http://bit.ly/HSShare

the 20% off link doesn't work :(

Guys Proxies are blocked in general by my ISP. So how do I get this? As the link is blocked in the first place? ..

But. But. I already have a VPN... Still clicked the link anyway, hopefully it helps somewhat

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Awesome product, it shows as a random IP when browsing. I can't remember if Linus mentioned before but after you sign up you can get it on 5 devices. Windows, Mac OS, iOS, or Android.

No, I don't work for them but I did just buy it.

• 2 months later...

I signed up for this to buy from Steam's US store, but buying does not work.

However, if you have bought it through other means, you are able to activate it or preload/unlock earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

I use this so I can view restricted youtube videos. Gets the job done nicely.

This also saved my internet access when I used it. My provider's modems would randomly lock me out for reasons they couldn't find or perhaps tell me. <_<  But Hotspot Shield allowed me to access my internet. I still, to this day, do not understand why it worked but oh well.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

EDIT: Thought this was the corsair link. well VPN is awesome that's all I can say :D

Corsair looks awesome. How much does the build you suggested cost?

Also, in your video, the motherboard seems a bit bent. is that OK? 

Hotspot shield is a tool to help you hide your IP to access blocked website by the internet providers and the state through a medium server.  Therefore, you can get rid of censorship and secure your online personal information.  Especially, Hotspot shield enables you to access Facebook,  well-known social network that is preferred the most now.

• 1 month later...

is the free version really free? or i just connects for limited time?