what is death to you

GreezyJeezy

what do you think happens when you die. logically it would just be nothing, just you're gone and well you cant feel/think if you brain is not active.

but what do you think. like in depth shit not just. oh its heaven just like life but better,

Idc ill be dead so I won't care

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Who cares whatever happens, I just want to be able to give the spooks to people.

nah, really, the only wat to know, is to experience it, and I don't know of any dead people who can tell us what happened. There are people who died briefly, but that doesn't really count.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Just now, Vivilacqua1 said:

Who cares whatever happens, I just want to be able to give the spooks to people.

nah, really, the only wat to know, is to experience it, and I don't know of any dead people who can tell us what happened. There are people who died briefly, but that doesn't really count.

just taking opinions to prepare,

I don't know.

I'm curious.

But i'm in no rush to find out

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, DerakDerantick said:

Nothing more than an excuse made by silly Americans to stop working for motherland.

Death? Or do you mean religion?

Just now, DerakDerantick said:

I was making the joke that communism doesn't stop at death, because "liberty or death" as they say.

I knew it was something Russian. But I was thinking you meant like religion idk

It's like someone deleting your System32 folder of your Windows 10 rig  without asking you, but you know that you want a new PC Anyways. So yeah that's pretty much it.

Spoiler

200w_d.gif

9 minutes ago, iUSEMAC said:

It's like someone deleting your System32 folder of your Windows 10 rig  without asking you, but you know that you want a new PC Anyways. So yeah that's pretty much it.

Reveal hidden contents

200w_d.gif

I'm surprised more religions people didn't comment. Probably don't want to start wars.

17 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

I'm surprised more religions people didn't comment. Probably don't want to start wars.

200w.gif

It's when your heart stops beating. Atleast that what the doctor told me the last time it happened to me. 

Since the question centers more around the idea of an afterlife, I woud say that I don't know. All evidence points to nothing happening. Whatever brain chemistry made up your personality will cease to work, and you will by extention also cease to be. So, that's what I'm going with.

If I'm being honest I don't really want an afterlife. Imagine being alive for all eternity. Everything that can be done will be done, and after that you only have pure, meaningless existence. And that will go on for eternity.

I would tend to agree with Satre, in that the finitieness of life is what gives it it's value.  

I'm also quite fond of Epicurus' take on death

Thus that which is the most awful of evils, death, is nothing to us, since when we exist there is no death, and when there is death we do not exist

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The next part of life.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Well, look at it this way. If there's some sort of afterlife, I suppose we'll see. If not, we won't care anyway. But, in either case, I'm too busy living life and seeing what it has to offer to worry about what will happen in 70 years or more. I'm still a kid (in spirit, at least). It's an interesting question, for a time at least, but we should be more concerned with the time that we know we have, rather than the uncertainty that lies far in the future.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Nobody knows what happens when you die. A lot of people think they know, and they may be right. All I know is that when you die, the people you leave behind are saddened. But it's also all about the journey, isn't it? So just having people to leave behind is a great thing.

IDK, but I'd like to leave this world better than I found it.

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

It's when your heart stops beating. Atleast that what the doctor told me the last time it happened to me. 

There's brain death and clinical death, it's not the same thing.

2 minutes ago, as96 said:

There's brain death and clinical death, it's not the same thing.

I know.

But when a doctor has to look for signs of life they always search for a heart beat. 

That's why you are still considered alive (atleast in medical terms) even of you're pronounced brain dead. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

I know.

But when a doctor has to look for signs of life they always search for a heart beat. 

That's why you are still considered alive (atleast in medical terms) even of you're pronounced brain dead. 

Well I think OP is talking about when the doctors say GG WP 

26 minutes ago, as96 said:

Well I think OP is talking about when the doctors say GG WP 

Yes like when your dead brains blown out kind of dead, no chance of coming back.

Nothing happens, you are just gone, your 'soul' is gone, etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This is some good off topic. 

Id id like to think we transcend in some way. Consciousness seems so powerful. But really I very much doubt any such thing. From ashes to ashes and all that. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Kinda stretching the topic, anyone wanna talk about  the "Theory of everything", I don't have enough physics to talk about it from that view, but it really feels like it's true. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

5 minutes ago, Nup said:

Kinda stretching the topic, anyone wanna talk about  the "Theory of everything", I don't have enough physics to talk about it from that view, but it really feels like it's true. 

The movie? I've never seen it so idk what it's about. I mean the title gives it away kinda but in in detail