Bought 980ti but I don't see any difference from my old 780 (1080p, 60hz)

RRGT19

Hi,

980ti

i7-6700 non-k

16gb

I had a 780 before this one.

I was playing GTA V at full settings, yeah i saw a little difference in graphics but not a huge difference.

I have changed the settings to Medium and then to High and I felt the same way, there isn't a huge difference.

I feel like if EVGA has stolen my money.

Should I return it and buy a 960 4GB to wait for PASCAL?.

3 minutes ago, Hunched said:

You type pretty good for a blind person

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways what do you mean by little difference in graphics? Do you mean FPS or the game details?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k @ 4.2GHz - CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA - RAM: 2x8GB Cosair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz  - GPU: EVGA GEFORCE 980 Ti ACX2.0+ - Case: NZXT ATX Mid Tower CA-H442W-M1  - Storage:  1x Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, 1x WD Black 6TB - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2 80+ BRONZE Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Stealth

9 minutes ago, RGT said:

I was playing GTA V at full settings, yeah i saw a little difference in graphics but not a huge difference.

That's more a problem with gtaV than it is with your gpu. gtaV is heavily cpu bound, so gpu upgrades can show little to no difference. If you want to see the difference, run gpu benchmarks or run some gpu bound games.

Rest assured that your 980ti is significantly more powerful than your 780 was, and at this point it seems likely that it will remain very powerful for a while here, because the first pascal cards are going to be "small" pascal, not "big" pascal (980ti is "big" maxwell)

Core i5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce | MSI Z170 Krait Gaming Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400 | NZXT S340 Red                                              EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow Tournament | Logitech G600 Razer Kraken USB                                                                                                            If you want me to see your post, please remember to quote me!

Usually above midrange to high end gaming cards the replacement cycle is around 2-3 years minimum, currently i think you can take advantage of dx 12 features for upcoming games so i don't think you're at loss, one interview tom Peterson recommended that  even if you own a 670 or 760 you probably shouldn't upgrade to a 960 because there isn't sufficient enough bump , i think same case applies here..but hold on to it if you can because of the support it has for upcoming titles & you might need that 'edge' unless you can replace it sufficiently but you have to wait atleast a year since their product release cycle is that lengthy to get a new gpu that has a significant margin of difference in performance

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, Nadim Asaduzzaman said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways what do you mean by little difference in graphics? Do you mean FPS or the game details?

game details.

I can't see a huge difference between my old 780 and 980ti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Usually above midrange to high end gaming cards the replacement cycle is around 2-3 years minimum, currently i think you can take advantage of dx 12 features for upcoming games so i don't think you're at loss, one interview tom Peterson recommended that  even if you own a 670 or 760 you probably shouldn't upgrade to a 960 because there isn't sufficient enough bump , i think same case applies here..but hold on to it if you can because of the support it has for upcoming titles & you might need that 'edge' unless you can replace it sufficiently but you have to wait atleast a year since their product release cycle is that lengthy to get a new gpu that has a significant margin of difference in performance

maybe return this and buy a 970 ftw+?.

57 minutes ago, RGT said:

game details.

high settings 60fps with the 780 compared to ultra settings 60fps 980ti, or high settings 60fps 780 commpared to high settings 144fps 980ti?

yep, exactly the same

make sure you dont have a 720p 30htz monitor

2 minutes ago, RGT said:

game details.

Your graphics card doesn't make the game look better. It just determines the framerate. If you can't tell the difference between two different graphics settings in a game, that's the fault of the game, not the graphics card.

Just now, Glenwing said:

Your graphics card doesn't make the game look better. It just determines the framerate. If you can't tell the difference between two different graphics settings in a game, that's the fault of the game, not the graphics card.

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

ur dumb

high settings 60fps with the 780 compared to ultra settings 60fps 980ti, or high settings 60fps 780 commpared to high settings 144fps 980ti?

yep, exactly the same

make sure you dont have a 720p 30htz monitor

same happens with Assasins Creed Syndicate.

I was trying right now Hight and Ultra High and I can not tell you any good thing at all...

should I return this gpu guys?.

maybe 970 ftw+ and save a few dollars

Just now, RGT said:

I was trying right now Hight and Ultra High and I can not tell you any good thing at all...

its most likely your monitor bottlenecking.

what res and htz monitor do you have

its most likely your monitor bottlenecking.

what res and htz monitor do you have

1080p

60hz

fps for high AND ulra settings

GTA V

ultra 55-60

high 72 fps

Assasins Creed Syndicate

Very Ultra 59

High 70 fps

I can not see difference in textures or the ambient, of course, there is any, but I can not tell them

evga has taken my money very easy here

:(

3 minutes ago, RGT said:

1080p

60hz

You aren't gonna see any difference visually between those cards at the same settings. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

46 minutes ago, RGT said:

GTA V

ultra 55-60

high 72 fps

Assasins Creed Syndicate

Very Ultra 59

High 70 fps

I can not see difference in textures or the ambient, of course, there is any, but I can not tell them

alright, heres the thing buddy.

it performing MUCH better than a 780, however, its your EYES, not the GPUS problem. your eyes can not percieve the extramount of detail pushed out by the gpua

46 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

You aren't gonna see any difference visually between those cards at the same settings. 

he needs 4k 120htz *winks*

5 minutes ago, RGT said:

1080p

60hz

whats the name of the display ?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

3 minutes ago, RGT said:

GTA V

ultra 55-60

high 72 fps

Assasins Creed Syndicate

Very Ultra 59

High 70 fps

11 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

5 minutes ago, RGT said:

maybe return this and buy a 970 ftw+?.

i wouldn't recommend a downgrade unless someone's at extreme need to get some cash back , i terms of value the demand would get higher as time passes & you need every bit of horsepower to stay in the game with a significant margin without spending suddenly on a new gpu, like you did with the 780 replacement, i'd say keep it since you bought it & it can only do good as your game starts to demand more, but 970 would perform somewhat same ,

i remember side by side comparison benchmarks showing least 8-12 fps difference(consistant) in GTA v between 970 & 980 ti , but it depends on your GPU chip performance it will differ to you significantly based on that alone, so if a 970 with a great binned chip can narrow that fps gap to 5-8 fps difference , i think you could probably save some cash, but i cannot solidly say it will be better, no one can, sadly , but 980ti will be useful if you're not desperate to save cash by switching over to it

Details separate people.

evga delivered what you paid for, a very powerful gpu

if you're not able to see the difference because your display or you cant perceive it

try another game than gta or ACS where changes in the settings have a bigger impact

GTA is bound to CPU power mostly so thats not it

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

Just now, Bl00dgod said:

whats the name of the display ?

Dell 24 Monitor SE2416H (1).JPG

Dell 24 Monitor SE2416H (2).JPG

14 minutes ago, RGT said:

you should sell it to me for the price of a used 780 since it looks no better then a 780 and its used card.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

you got any other AAA games to test the power of your GPU? witcher 3 or hm fallout 4 or anything else ??

Spoiler

I made the exact same jump in cards and i can assure you there is a massive difference, reading your posts reminds me of those people with expensive sports cars that cant drive for shit, the ones in YouTube videos where they put their cars into the curb after over correcting a little bit of sideways action.  

Sorry if this sounds harsh but you should really think a little more before you post and make some inquiries into what settings do what. 

There will never be a visual difference between high setting on a 780 and high settings on a 980ti. There will only be a diference in fps. You're not being scammed by EVGA.

I5 4470     -     Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo    -    Asus Strix GTX960    -    12Gb ram    -    Adata SP600 128Gb    -    Seagate 2Tb    -    AsRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer    -    Seasonic M12II EVO 520        

IN WIN 703    -     Dell P2414H    -    LG Flatron M197WDP    -    CMSTORM Quickfire XT with MX blue's    -    Logitech  G502

"To finish first, you first have to finish"

34 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

you got any other AAA games to test the power of your GPU? witcher 3 or hm fallout 4 or anything else ??

Not really.

I have:

GTA V

Syndicate

The Division

Star Wars Battlefront

Sims 4

23 minutes ago, spark12072001 said:

There will never be a visual difference between high setting on a 780 and high settings on a 980ti. There will only be a diference in fps. You're not being scammed by EVGA.

so what i need to do

change to 1440p?