Games Kids Should Not be Allowed to Play?

So I saw this post and I thought it was terrible. I can't stand fox news because they can't make a single valid point. There are so many games that kids shouldn't play and only one of these is OK for kids not to play. Tell me what you guys think and what games you think kids should not play.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/11/23/6-horrifyingly-violent-video-games-to-keep-your-kids-away-from.html?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_517807

WHAT ?

LAST OF US

IM SORRY BUT FUCK YOU FOXNEWS

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

As far as I'm concerned, each one of these games is M rated for a reason.

Kids shouldn't really be playing any of the six games listed. It's not made for them, the content is aimed towards a more adult audience, and there's still an abundance of games they can play outside of that.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Call of Duty, so Actvision can stop making darn crazy shooters to pander to their 12 year old audience and bring back the likes of Call of Duty 4.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

WHAT ?

LAST OF US

IM SORRY BUT FUCK YOU FOXNEWS

Im not sorry....Fuck Fox News

The have the IQ of a cantaloupe

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

I agree that a lot of games should not be played by 12 year olds if it's rated M, there are a lot of games that make light of violence. I don't have a problem with swearing or nudity in games, at 12 years old, chances are good those kids have constant interaction with swearing in school and they probably are well aware of nrop.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

I think any person should be able to play any game despite their age. I was playing GTA when I was 8 lol, although I hate it when I play an online game and their are squeeky immature kids

According to the ESRB rating system, kids shouldn't be playing any M-rated games, since they're meant for 17+ audiences. Even Teen games are rated T for a reason. I've played games like Halo since I was 6, and I haven't been affected, but technically those games weren't meant for me. 

If parents get mad that their kids are playing games where shooting somebody's head clean off is the objective, then they should stop buying those games for their kids. That, or actually pay attention to the ESRB rating, so they know what they're getting themselves into.

I used to be quite active here.

My opinion GTA is not that bad. The morals aren't that much worse than Star Wars.

The ratings are a joke. Look at all the violent games which are rated 17+ M you'll find that the majority of gamers are kids. If you're thinking Mortal Kombat or GTA V will spoil your kid then take a look at the current situation of YouTube and social media in general. I think kids are spoiled by social media rather than playing video games and if parents still think that playing violent video games will turn their kid into a terrorist then WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

What have they said that is at all controversial here? All of the games they've listed have ratings that clearly label them as not for kids.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Okay, saints row? For kids?

Rofl, definitely no parent should be letting their kids play that shit. Same goes for GTA and Deadpool, but Assassin's Creed? There's not really much wrong with that game aside from death and violence.

Really the biggest factor I think in whether a kid should or should not play a game is overly sexual content.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Ok, so I think the consensus here is this list is bollocks because it's Fox News or something.

Just going to say this right now - I don't know much about Fox News and their supposed lack of intelligence, but even so...even if they are a dumb news network, it doesn't detract from the point of this article.

Now, whether or not you would give your kid GTA is up to you; if you feel your kid is mature enough to be playing those kinds of games then by all means.

But as it states, many parents don't play games, much less know what is in the games. The content descriptors on the back don't work all the time, nor does the big black-and-white 'M' on the front, sadly.

This is why you end up with some pretty pissed parents when young Jimmy is playing a game that involves murdering everything ever and him listening to Cannibal Corpse or whatever.

Now yes. There are worse games than the six on the list; in fact I'm amazed that The Evil Within isn't on the list. But at the same time, they're still M rated games. Kids shouldn't really be playing them all the same, and hence why kids can't by M rated games.

Hell, here in the UK, laws are actually a bit more strict...usually. I was refused purchases for 16-rated games without ID before, even though in another shop I was able to buy an 18-rated game without any issue whatsoever. Ridiculous.

I guess that's what happens when your primary ratings board falls in line with Europe's own laws rather than just the UK's.

Unfortunately, PEGI's descriptors are literally useless. They're images, but they don't scale according to how severely they impact the game. You don't know if the game contains mild fantastical violence or rip-and-tear levels of sanguine dismemberment. And the language descriptor literally means nothing - it doesn't scale from the word 'bastard' to 'f***' at all. It's on there if there's a little bit of swearing no matter; it doesn't scale.

PEGI is bollocks. At least the ESRB is at least reasonably in-depth over its descriptors. Just a shame the people who look at them don't understand them and consequently point the finger at the publishers and developers for making games the kids shouldn't be playing in the first place. Shame some people haven't gotten over the idea that games aren't just for kids...

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

There's not really much wrong with that game aside from death and violence.

Really the biggest factor I think in whether a kid should or should not play a game is overly sexual content.

Do you really think like that?

Guess what in real life people have to copulate to continue the species they do not have to blow each others heads off.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

GTA 5 is obvious but there are many. The new Doom is coming out, that looks very violent. Mortal Combat X would definitely be a target game that parents would keep their kids away from. I know this because I own a copy.

2 minutes ago, soup said:

Guess what in real life people have to copulate to continue the species they do not have to blow each others heads off.

I agree, it also isn't like they haven't been introduced to sexual topics before

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

6 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Okay, saints row? For kids?

Rofl, definitely no parent should be letting their kids play that shit. Same goes for GTA and Deadpool, but Assassin's Creed? There's not really much wrong with that game aside from death and violence.

I don't necessarily think the violent games are in appropriate for little kids. It's just that they can influence their behavior. This is usually only the case for kids who binge play violent games.

5 minutes ago, soup said:

Yes, I do think that.

Any child raised in a normal, or even shit family should know that violence/murder is plainly wrong. Sex and sexual abuse though? Most parents just don't want to talk with their kids about that shit, so their kids end up figuring it out by themselves; and the last thing we need is more children running around trying to figure out if its wrong to accept money for sex; because they're too scared to ask their parents, and their parents are too scared to talk to them about sex.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Fox is hilarious - "Hatred" is A-OK but Last of Us is bad? Wow.....

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

26 minutes ago, Atmos said:

the last thing we need is more children running around trying to figure out if its wrong to accept money for sex; because they're too scared to ask their parents, and their parents are too scared to talk to them about sex.

So working out for themselves it is wrong for them to accept money for sex  (something that happens all the time by the way) is bad, but them shooting people and blowing heads of is OK?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Assassin's Creed? But that is educational! /s

Ratings exist for a reason, if the kids parents want them to play GTA V then it's their fault if that kid ends up doing something violent - not the game's.

Maybe if they go to some one-off stores they could get away with it but if it's a chain, the only way they can get a "violent" game if it there parent allows it (same goes for online and credit cards) because stores do card people getting rated M games.

I've heard from friends who worked at game stores and witnessed it myself. The worker tells the parent "this game has nudity, intense violence, etc. and is recommended for mature audiences only..." The parent pays little to no attention and gets the game anyway. No much FoxNews can say/do to fix lazy ass parenting lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

1 hour ago, soup said:

So working out for themselves it is wrong for them to accept money for sex  (something that happens all the time by the way) is bad, but them shooting people and blowing heads of is OK?

You appear to not have understood almost anything that I said, let me try and simplify it for you.

Kids in even shitty families are taught that violence is bad 90% of the time. Even playing violent games won't make kids who know its bad, go out and start ripping heads off of small animals or other fucked up shit.

However... 90% of families will NOT talk to their kids about sex, because that's just the way society is. These kids then not really understanding the act, see people getting blowjobs from prostitutes, raping people, and other various acts; then because they don't understand could go out and try to figure it out for themselves. I shouldn't have to say it, but 12yr olds having sex with each other because they saw it in a game and their parents refuse to talk to them about it is just fucking wrong.

Even from my own personal experience, I had a close friend who lost their virginity at 13, and it straight fucked him up for almost 5 years. It was as much his parents faults for not talking to him about it, as it was his own for trying to 'get some' after seeing it in GTA.

2 hours ago, ITheSpazI said:

Im not sorry....Fuck Fox News

The have the IQ of a cantaloupe

WTF man, that's insulting to cantaloupes!!!

Also, since common sense isn't that all common, that goes for parenting. When in my teens I worked in a video game shop and was witness to prime examples of bad parents. There are idiots everywhere, that includes parents giving coffee to 2yo or getting a stripper for their 8yo boy's birthday ... I'm not kidding about those 2, look it up!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Honestly let your kid play games that correspond with his/hers level of maturity. I have met some 14 year old's that act more mature then most adults (probably smarter as well). On the other hand you have more sheltered kids that do act immaturely and don't have they morals in check, those kids more then likely shouldn't be playing games like Rise of Rome or GTA 5. As long as you don't let them binge play and teach them morals when they grow up you should be good. 

Just use common sense when deciding if it would be okay for your child to play a certain video games. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D