Asetek suing Swiftech Cool-IT Coolermaster claiming infringement of patents

heynando

As title says, Asetek is suing competitors claiming infringement of the US patents 8,240,362 (the ’362 patent) and 8,245,764 (the ‘764 patent).

Coolermaster and Cool-IT decided to face them in the courtroom, but they still selling their products and decided to not pull their products off the market.. Swiftech on the other hand decided the opposite, which is very intriguing, they pulled off the H220 and H320 from the US market while the situation gets resolved in the courtroom. 

The question is: Does Asetek really have the right to sue everyone or are they being patent trolls?

damn patents, almost all they cause is trouble.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

H220 and H320 have been off the US market for months, this isn't breaking news...

Just like everyone except maybe 2 people I don't know this case or the patents well enough to state an educated opinion. 

So with that said patents are good for business and are not the cause of all evil. There are some frivolous lawsuits sometimes but there are some that are because someone stole a patented original design without wanting to pay the patent holder.

So don't blame the patent system unless you understand this case and can back it up with reason. Otherwise your just a blind follower much like the EA hate around here.

While this sucks it does seem Swiftech did steal ideas from Asetek without paying them. But if anyone else has some actual information I would be open to reading more up on this case.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I guess I took too much distance from tech because this is my first time  hearing anything about h320 >.<

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit