i7 6950X (10 core) officially leaked on Intel's website

asim1999
Just now, Aytex said:

I doubt they won't                              

yeah , that's the problem . the monopoly is starting to show...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

13 hours ago, Sauron said:

The fx 9590 is currently about 250 bucks. If you mean the original launch price, then yes, it certainly will need to be a lot more powerful to justify it (but 4x is waaaaaaay excessive - the 5960x is only about twice as powerful, not 3 or 4 times).

No it's not. For computing tasks it's really not. I ran the sisoftware sandra suite of benchmarks and my 5820K was scoring multiple times that of the 9590 in financial calculations, encryption, scientific calculations, etc. It's not as simple as 2 AMD cores = 1 intel core like I used to believe. Their architecture is lacking in a lot of key areas. Understandably since it's ancient

13 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

i just hope they dont make the 6950x a 1500$ cpu...

It's not meant for the average consumer anyways. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

1 minute ago, afyeung said:

It's not meant for the average consumer anyways. 

i know , but extreme editions have historically always been 1000$

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Then who is it for? pewdiepie?

Professional video editors, scientists, government, etc. If you want bang for buck video editing get a dual xeon board and old xeon chips. If you want absolute best gaming performance get the 6700K. The highest end extreme CPUs are not meant to be bang for buck in any sense. 

3 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

like titans :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

It's speculation and also Intel has made a $1500 chip before. 

1 minute ago, afyeung said:

It's speculation and also Intel has made a $1500 chip before. 

those where xeons , and not part of the consumer market

34 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

They Will. 

Gigabyte and MSI have released BIOS updates for their X99 boards

For me, i would love to see a Rampage V Alpha with RGB lighting 

We'll be getting a Rampage V Black Edition, and it'll probably have RGB

I hope Zen can produce performance numbers just close to this, so there can be some price wars. This pricing is just outrageous, I don't understand how that can appeal to anyone, when there are xeons with similar pricing points and it comes at the cost of an already good gaming PC.

5 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

those where xeons , and not part of the consumer market

It was actually a core 2 duo. Xeons have been $2000+ lol. 

Hopefully AMD is gonna come back,actually I prefer AMD over Intel as AMD provides very good cpu at a low price.

3 hours ago, asim1999 said:

What should i add? Leaked specs?

I know it is going to be redundant to your quote, but that is because you quoted to much. Heck you quoted the WHOLE thing (which is also a no no, by the way).

But you can use it as context for those out of the loop.So you can go something like:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was previously rumored that Intel was working on a 10 core CPU for the consumer market under the Core i7 branding. Based on a leaked found by a user at TechPowerUp, it looks like this rumor just turned into reality. Intel has added to its page a new CPU which is speculated to be the 10 core CPU. It is believed that will cost 999$.

[image here]

Intel over the weekend, leaked its upcoming Core i7-6950X processor in the change-log of its latest Management Engine software, on the company's Support website. In its CPU support list, the entry for "Intel Core i7-6950X Processor Extreme Edition" stands out. It also leaks two key specifications - 25 MB of L3 cache, and a clock speed of up to 3.50 GHz. The Core i7-6800 and i7-6900 series are a family of six-, eight-, and ten-core processors based on the 14 nm "Broadwell-E" silicon, and built in the LGA2011v3 package, compatible with existing Intel X99 Express chipset motherboards, with BIOS updates.

It's being speculated that the i7-6950X will be the first client-platform CPU with 10 cores.

[your comment here]

[Source here]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something like that.

Update: @asim1999, feel free to copy my thing, if you want.

Depending on the performance of these new CPUs I'm tempted to get a second hand haswell-E CPU on the cheap cheap. 

13 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

We'll be getting a Rampage V Black Edition, and it'll probably have RGB

But how can it be RGB when it's black?! 

:P

- snip-

7 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Depending on the performance of these new CPUs I'm tempted to get a second hand haswell-E CPU on the cheap cheap. 

That's the same thought I was having :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Is it just me, or is there no new information here? We already new what it was called and the specs, and this doesn't shine any light on release date or price...

$1,000 dollar cpu started with the Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, and it's been like this for all of the other extreme editions that comes after. Now Intel has broken their tick tock cycle as well as their $1k price tag tradition for their ee cpus. What's next? 4 cpu optimizations and a $2k ee cpu? Screw this crap.

lol

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

This will be highest of high end consumer, and there will be lower price points for those on a tighter budget. Based on the "leak", the 3.5 GHz will be max turbo. Base clock might be closer to 3.0 GHz (without OC). If you compare that to a 6700k, the 6950X would only be about double its performance at stock. With overclocking (and enough cooling) it could pull further away.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 hours ago, Aytex said:

Then who is it for? pewdiepie?

Me, sitting here rendering a scene at like 4 samples a minute.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

3 hours ago, porina said:

I found the "up to" speed curious, and in a quick look it appears to be the turbo clock. Base would be lower. Of course, I'd expect many to overclock, but this gives an insight too.

Yeah, that's how Intel does their enumeration all over their ark site. Though be aware that top boost clock only applies when 1-2 cores of the 10 will be active. With all of them up, I'd be surprised if it broke 3.2-3.3.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, Sakkura said:

This official leak has been questionably confirmed.

It's in Google caches. It's real.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

It's in Google caches. It's real.

It's an unfunny joke about oxymorons.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

It's an unfunny joke about oxymorons.

You're an oxyMORON >.>