Good budget ssd('s)

cleb

<insert spiel about tinkering and testing garbage/old pcs here>

So in short I need recommendations for ssds that are cheap and I don't need alot of space (i can go like 32-64gb) since they're just for helping old pcs breathe better they just need to be noticeably better than an hdd since that's the whole point.  I've seen some things that are a good price but have come with people complaining of them dieing too often or quickly (i think Patriot was one of them) I'm hoping for a price where I can buy 2 or 3 and not go,  shit I could've just bought a pc,  but Im aware this isn't going to be,  oh $60 for three drives fantastic.  

However I'm not all that familiar with ssds as a whole, pricing and performance, ect wise. So forgive me if what I'm asking for is unreasonable.  

Samsung 850 evos are really good and really cheap. Even a 250gb costs $90, and a 120gb costs about $60-70. If you want even cheaper, you can go with an A-data, or a SanDisk Ultra II.

ASU

Mushkin and Silicon Power are decent SSD's for what you pay for, and they have SSD's in the $30 range. I believe Mushkin's is a 60GB and SP is a 120GB, but don't quote me on those capacities. If you're going to do that, I would recommend mushkin of SP, but they're both there for you to choose from.

7 minutes ago, HamsterBurglar said:

Mushkin and Silicon Power are decent SSD's for what you pay for, and they have SSD's in the $30 range. I believe Mushkin's is a 60GB and SP is a 120GB, but don't quote me on those capacities. If you're going to do that, I would recommend mushkin of SP, but they're both there for you to choose from.

9 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Samsung 850 evos are really good and really cheap. Even a 250gb costs $90, and a 120gb costs about $60-70. If you want even cheaper, you can go with an A-data, or a SanDisk Ultra II.

Thank you both for the answers and pointing me in a good direction.  Seen some mixed reviews from both recommendations but that comes with the budget products, and now I have an idea where to look. I'll keep my research up.  

Just now, cleb said:

Thank you both for the answers and pointing me in a good direction.  Seen some mixed reviews from both recommendations but that comes with the budget products, and now I have an idea where to look. I'll keep my research up.  

I've had my Ultra II as my boot drive for awhile now with no issues. However I've heard that some have had issues with cheaper SanDisk drives. Perhaps go with Mushkin or Crucial for greater quality.

ASU