Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cantaloupeman

Best all around headphones for an infinite budget

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

What tubes should I buy when I get the cash for it?

I'd have to look at what tubes it uses and the availability of tubes where you live, so send me a PM when you get some extra monies :P 


// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Octavialicious said:

I'd have to look at what tubes it uses and the availability of tubes where you live, so send me a PM when you get some extra monies :P 

Will do :) 


Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dackzy said:

Will do :) 

oh, and don't listen to the crazy tube rollers who spend more on tubes than the amp itself... good tubes aren't that expensive lol


// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Octavialicious said:

oh, and don't listen to the crazy tube rollers who spend more on tubes than the amp itself... good tubes aren't that expensive lol

Trust me I will not. I have my fair experience with headphones, dacs and amps.

Tube amps are the field I know the least about.


Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Trust me I will not. I have my fair experience with headphones, dacs and amps.

Tube amps are the field I know the least about.

Even though it's WAY more than enough power and overamping is bad for these cans I still feel like a pleb with an E11K for these cans xD but im not going to spend more cuz I am not a money waster :P


// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

Even though it's WAY more than enough power and overamping is bad for these cans I still feel like a pleb with an E11K for these cans xD but im not going to spend more cuz I am not a money waster :P

the E11K is also a good amp.


Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dackzy said:

the E11K is also a good amp.

yea it's a great amp in general, so pairing it with cans meant for even phone use is a-okay in my mind :P Dumb ebay seller is annoying though. He lives 30 minutes from me and if he shipped it, it would get here the next day. But I ordered it on Wed and he's going to wait until Saturday to ship it... Should've paid $5 more and gotten it from a competent seller


// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

yea it's a great amp in general, so pairing it with cans meant for even phone use is a-okay in my mind :P Dumb ebay seller is annoying though. He lives 30 minutes from me and if he shipped it, it would get here the next day. But I ordered it on Wed and he's going to wait until Saturday to ship it... Should've paid $5 more and gotten it from a competent seller

Damn


Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Damn

also, is it just me or are planars really unforgiving of badly mixed music? my t1's and hd800 were much more friendly haha


// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

also, is it just me or are planars really unforgiving of badly mixed music? my t1's and hd800 were much more friendly haha

That depends on what planar headphones you buy something like the lcd 3 are not but the 560,400i, oppo pm 3 are.


Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dackzy said:

That depends on what planar headphones you buy something like the lcd 3 are not but the 560,400i, oppo pm 3 are.

it sucks because now TTS sounds bad!!!! :(


// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

it sucks because now TTS sounds bad!!!! :(

Well you just have to have good masters songs I guess, but I think stax headphones are more unforgiving.


Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×