Best all around headphones for an infinite budget

Cantaloupeman
6 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Well LCD 3 is a very detailed pair of headphones "neutral" with a bit more warmth to them than normal neutral headphones has. It's really hard to describe they are just insanely good if you ask me, but they price is also really high.

I swear sometimes the "audiophile" community is so dumb

The HE-X are designed to be able to sound great plugging straight into your phone, very efficient. Every reviewer confirmed that the cans sound great on lower end amps 

I go out and get an E11K because it's a super deal, and this guy who doesn't even have HE-X starts bashing me because I'm dumb for using "a cheap amp on such expensive headphones" lol... 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Just now, Octavialicious said:

I swear sometimes the "audiophile" community is so dumb

The HE-X are designed to be able to sound great plugging straight into your phone, no amp needed. Every reviewer confirmed that the cans sound great on low end amps 

I go out and get an E11K because it's a super deal, and this guy who doesn't even have HE-X starts bashing me because I'm dumb for using "a cheap amp on such expansive headphones" lol... 

Yeah all that with you need 800$ amps to power things that you can power with a phone, just because the headphones are expensive, is so stupid.

I got my O2/ODAC combo for 140$ and if I didnt play at lans on sponsored pc's I would just have used my onboard with all my headphones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Although the "audiophile" community can be quite idiotic at times, what is just as bad in my opinion, are those that are just getting into the hobby and think they are knowledgeable when all they are doing is repeating something they've heard elsewhere. Anyone can reiterate an opinion they've heard/read before, but experience goes a long way. Just because you drop thousands of dollars on equipment, doesn't mean you know a damn thing about audio. I've seen plenty of people spend a fortune on headphones, only to do their primary listening of music on YouTube. Hell, some people, whether new or seasoned to the hobby barely listen to the music at all. It's like having a Ferrari that sits in your garage, only to be rubbed down with a chamois, but never driven.

8 hours ago, Octavialicious said:

I go out and get an E11K because it's a super deal, and this guy who doesn't even have HE-X starts bashing me because I'm dumb for using "a cheap amp on such expensive headphones" lol... 

Oh yeah, I love that. Got my a-hole destroyed on head-fi for running the T1.2 out of a Fiio E10.

20 minutes ago, SSL said:

Oh yeah, I love that. Got my a-hole destroyed on head-fi for running the T1.2 out of a Fiio E10.

yea, that's  way more than enough (T1 sounded just fine out of my phone, E10 would be gr8)

Dumb thing is that people are running the HE-X off of dedicated MP3 players and no one bats an eye, but when a stand alone amp (which is more powerful obviously) is used I get bashed just because it's only $50 haha

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

35 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

yea, that's  way more than enough (T1 sounded just fine out of my phone, E10 would be gr8)

Dumb thing is that people are running the HE-X off of dedicated MP3 players and no one bats an eye, but when a stand alone amp (which is more powerful obviously) is used I get bashed just because it's only $50 haha

But you see an audiophile headphone needs an amp with "control" It must grip the diaphragm by the balls.

On 4/13/2016 at 4:21 PM, SSL said:

But you see an audiophile headphone needs an amp with "control" It must grip the diaphragm by the balls.

On 4/13/2016 at 6:36 AM, Dackzy said:

Yeah all that with you need 800$ amps to power things that you can power with a phone, just because the headphones are expensive, is so stupid.

I got my O2/ODAC combo for 140$ and if I didnt play at lans on sponsored pc's I would just have used my onboard with all my headphones.

HE-X got here today, definitely retiring the HD800

They fixed the HE-560 weirdness thing, it's definitely similar sounding but it sounds great this time imo (probably a planar thing I guess)

16 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

They fixed the HE-560 weirdness thing, it's definitely similar sounding but it sounds great this time imo (probably a planar thing I guess)

Why retire? They bring different things to the table. 

6 hours ago, Octavialicious said:

I told you they where good xD

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 hours ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

Why retire? They bring different things to the table. 

I only listen to one genre of music and nothing more, and the HiFiMan HE-X are the clear winners imo

47 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I told you they where good xD

I never said the 560 sounded good :P These cans reminded me of the reasons I didn't like the 560, but this time they fixed the weirdness and it's gr8

1 hour ago, Octavialicious said:

I only listen to one genre of music and nothing more, and the HiFiMan HE-X are the clear winners imo

I never said the 560 sounded good :P These cans reminded me of the reasons I didn't like the 560, but this time they fixed the weirdness and it's gr8

Aawwww... I think that I will soon upgrade my closed headphones the m50 to a pair of p7, pm 3 or dt 1770. They are all great headphones, so its really hard to choose.

Just now, Dackzy said:

Aawwww... I think that I will soon upgrade my closed headphones the m50 to a pair of p7, pm 3 or dt 1770. They are all great headphones, so its really hard to choose.

GL! Actually haven't heard any of those :P 

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

GL! Actually haven't heard any of those :P 

thanks and I am also looking into getting a tube amp, but I don't know what tube amp I should buy for under 250$, do you have any suggestions?

Just now, Dackzy said:

thanks and I am also looking into getting a tube amp, but I don't know what tube amp I should buy for under 250$, do you have any suggestions?

A Schiit Lyr would be the best option but even used it's a bit more

Littledot makes some nice things too for a good price. Where do you buy from? I'll give it a look (amazon maybe?)

A Schiit Lyr would be the best option but even used it's a bit more

Littledot makes some nice things too for a good price. Where do you buy from? I'll give it a look (amazon maybe?)

I will buy from anyone if they are inside EU. I have been looking at the little dot with the four tubes (I cant remember the name)

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I will buy from anyone if they are inside EU. I have been looking at the little dot with the four tubes (I cant remember the name)

yea, Littledot has TONS of stuff

Just remember if you have 4 tubes you will have to spend more on tubes and stuff (I personally like 2 tubes)

5 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

yea, Littledot has TONS of stuff

Just remember if you have 4 tubes you will have to spend more on tubes and stuff (I personally like 2 tubes)

so the " smaller" version will be cheaper and just as good?

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

so the " smaller" version will be cheaper and just as good?

meh, I'd say it's still powerful enough (what cans do you want to pair it with?)

4 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

meh, I'd say it's still powerful enough (what cans do you want to pair it with?)

k612, he 560 and the next pair of closed headphones I get.

EDIT

really mostly to try all my headphones with a tube amp and see what headphones I like more with tube.

21 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

k612, he 560 and the next pair of closed headphones I get.

EDIT

really mostly to try all my headphones with a tube amp and see what headphones I like more with tube.

ah, not too sure if the 2 tube amp will do ok with an HE-560, ill be back with some researchooo

ah, not too sure if the 2 tube amp will do ok with an HE-560, ill be back with some researchooo

Oh thanks :) 

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Oh thanks :) 

You're probably fine, but I haven't seen anyone use the combo. I just remembered the 4 tube amps use 2 pairs of different tubes, so it's not that bad. How much left over for tubes would you have with the 4 tube little dot?

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

You're probably fine, but I haven't seen anyone use the combo. I just remembered the 4 tube amps use 2 pairs of different tubes, so it's not that bad. How much left over for tubes would you have with the 4 tube little dot?

Like 20€. It comes with tubes, but are they any good?

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Like 20€. It comes with tubes, but are they any good?

yea, they should be fine for now. But in the future decent tubes can be pretty affordable :P

2 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

yea, they should be fine for now. But in the future decent tubes can be pretty affordable :P

What tubes should I buy when I get the cash for it?