Best all around headphones for an infinite budget

Cantaloupeman
4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

He is not the only one. I ones tried them for about 2 hours and when I put them on I felt like okay the sound is okay, not the signature I love the most. I thought they were about 400-500$ in price maybe 600-700$ when I heard them, keep in mind I dont go that much up in build since it's how they sound that are most important for this kind of headphones for me atleast. I heard the spike they had in the highs and I thought okay, this is not something that should be on high end headphones, I like headphones with treble that can be a bit harsh for some people, so I did not mind it that much. When one guy then told me that they cost 1700$ (danish price in US dollar) I just thought WTF, because I did not think that they should cost that much, they did not even give me that feeling when you get goose bumps because the music is so good, those are some of the first higher end headphones that did nothing like that for me and I think that headphones should do that before you buy them, right after I tried that HE 400i and 560 and they both gave me goose bumps, just like my K612 did the first time I heard them, so I waited for the HE400i (640$) to come on sale because I didnt want to spend that much money on headphones, they went on sale and I bought them and when I finally got them they where the old version so to make a long story short I paid 400€ for the 400i the seller could not give give me the new one so I got an offer on the 560 where I only had to pay 99€ more and get the 560 and RE400i instead of the 400i.

Interesting, because in all honesty i thought the HE560s were absolutely terrible. My $500 closed cans destroyed them imo, and i couldn't get into the music at all with the 560s

Different cans for different ears i guess :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

Interesting, because in all honesty i thought the HE560s were absolutely terrible. My $500 closed cans destroyed them imo, and i couldn't get into the music at all with the 560s

yeah, I am more into balanced and un-colored sound with big sound stage.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

12 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Didn't you also say that you liked the T1? I don't know what "destroyed" means, but some people just like colored sound.

7 minutes ago, SSL said:

Didn't you also say that you liked the T1? I don't know what "destroyed" means, but some people just like colored sound.

I can hear that you are on the same page as me when it comes to the T1.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 hours ago, SSL said:

I've listened to neutral and colored sound, but the HE560s were just awkward and unpleasant. Id take a plethora of cans over them (1540, T1, HD 700)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Just now, Octavialicious said:

I've listened to neutral and colored sound, but the HE560s were just awkward and unpleasant.

That describes all the dates I've been on, but I still don't know how that relates to headphones.

3 hours ago, SSL said:

That describes all the dates I've been on, but I still don't know how that relates to headphones.

You said I prefer coloured sound, but I'm just saying the HE560s were simply terrible regardless of my signature preference 

They just didn't sound right and focusing on the music was impossible

You said I prefer coloured sound, but I'm just saying the HE560s were simply terrible regardless of my signature preference 

Cool. In what way?

Maybe you're hearing the tonal problems of planars above 4k? Unless they've fixed that in the past 5 minutes, that's still an inherent flaw with planars right?

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

3 hours ago, SSL said:

Cool. In what way?

It just felt super seperated, sure it was ultra detailed but they did not blend together at all and it felt like a combination of sounds rather than listening to music 

anyways, thankfully I got a return ayy (was back a while ago). Super excited for the LCD 2s to come in tbh

It just felt super seperated, sure it was ultra detailed but they did not blend together at all and it felt like a combination of sounds rather than listening to music 

anyways, thankfully I got a return ayy

Weird.

Probably poor amping ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Maybe you're hearing the tonal problems of planars above 4k? Unless they've fixed that in the past 5 minutes, that's still an inherent flaw with planars right?

Could be. The weakness of the HE-560 is too much at the 4kHz peak, mainly with the stock pads. There really isn't anything wrong with the response above that though.

3 hours ago, SSL said:

Weird.

Probably poor amping ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe the Magni isn't the most powerful amp in the world but it shouldn't make it sound nearly that poor

I'd be willing to try them again now that i have a Lyr, though

Maybe the Magni isn't the most powerful amp in the world but it shouldn't make it sound nearly that poor

You'd need to at least hear them with the Focuspad-A. It might not make enough of a difference for you to like them, but they are smoother overall with them.

On 4.4.2016 at 2:49 AM, Cantaloupeman said:

Just out of curiosity what would be the best all around headphones with an infinite budget? Also what about for gaming. I'm assuming hd800 but I may be wrong. Feel free to chip in with your opinions. Just thought this would be for a bit of fun, just pretending I am rich :) 

I don't really know what music you like so it's hard to recommend anything, but just don't buy a (gaming) headset. Get headphones and a mic instead. Headsets have bad soundquality (compared to headphones) and if you buy a seperate mic (like I did for 7€) you will have at least the quality of a headset-mic for even under 10€ (I'm using a Speedlink one and no one ever complained). many people say that the modmic is a great option to tune headphones for gaming.

4 minutes ago, SSL said:

You'd need to at least hear them with the Focuspad-A. It might not make enough of a difference for you to like them, but they are smoother overall with them.

I wish that I could buy the Focuspad-A in Denmark.

10 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

I would not recomend tube amp for the HE 560, but that might just be me being me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I would not recomend tube amp for the HE 560, but that might just be me being me.

A tube amp could be just the thing to offset the bright balance of the headphone.

5 minutes ago, SSL said:

A tube amp could be just the thing to offset the bright balance of the headphone.

I cant remember what tube amp it was I tried but damn the bass just became boosted so much. The lyr might be a different story since it's more transparent sounding, if I believe what people tell me. I have been thinking about getting a vali 2 or a Little Dot MK2 MKII 6J1 X2 6N6 X2, so I can test all my headphones with a tube amp.

Don't tell me that I am the only one that use different headphones for different types of music. I use my k612 for rock and for some rap songs and my HE 560 for well everything else, all my other headphones I use once a week or so for experiencing different takes on sound and for on the go.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Don't tell me that I am the only one that use different headphones for different types of music. I use my k612 for rock and for some rap songs and my HE 560 for well everything else, all my other headphones I use once a week or so for experiencing different takes on sound and for on the go.

I know a lot of people who do, not too uncommon :P

I only listen to kpop, so it would be silly for me to have multiple cans 

I know a lot of people who do, not too uncommon :P

I only listen to kpop, so it would be silly for me to have multiple cans 

Kpop? Ohhhh the asian version of pop or?

21 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I cant remember what tube amp it was I tried but damn the bass just became boosted so much. The lyr might be a different story since it's more transparent sounding, if I believe what people tell me. I have been thinking about getting a vali 2 or a Little Dot MK2 MKII 6J1 X2 6N6 X2, so I can test all my headphones with a tube amp.

Maybe. I don't think a bit of bass would hurt if done properly. I'm planning to get Lyr 2 one of these days.

6 minutes ago, SSL said:

Maybe. I don't think a bit of bass would hurt if done properly. I'm planning to get Lyr 2 one of these days.

it was not a little bass this tube amp gave them it was a lot the whole signature changed. God damn if I had the money for the lyr I would buy it but since I dont and I am a student I "only" have 200 euro for a tube amp.

On 4-4-2016 at 2:53 AM, FrozenSpark said:

For $300AUD get the Logtiech Artemis G933. 7.1 Surround sound and a amazing mic! THEY ARE REALLY GOOD!

no, just no

to game or not to game, that`s the question