GTA 5 PULLS IN $800M IN ONE DAY

RespawnCake

Yes $800M (as 800 million dollars) in 1 day. Costs to develop+marketing were about 260M$.

$800MILLION$  in 1 day

$800MILLION$  in 1  day

Damn :lol:

We want PC version

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/18/4745284/gta-5-grand-theft-auto-first-day-sales-800m

Grand Theft Auto 5 publisher Take-Two Interactive tallied $800 million in sales on the game's first day of release, the company announced today.

That's the highest launch-day revenue of any GTA game and any game in Take-Two history, according to internal estimates. Grand Theft Auto 5 launched yesterday, Sept. 17, on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 worldwide, except in Japan and Brazil, where it will be released soon.

Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 currently holds the record as the entertainment release that was the quickest to reach the $1 billion mark — last November, Black Ops 2 grossed $1 billion within 15 days of launch, one day faster than 2011's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and two days faster than the 2009 film Avatar.

"All of us at Take-Two are thrilled with the initial response to Grand Theft Auto 5. Once again, the team at Rockstar Games have outdone themselves, setting the entertainment industry's new standard for creativity, innovation and excellence," said Strauss Zelnick, chairman and CEO of Take-Two, in a press release today. According to Take-Two, more than 8,300 stores in North America held midnight openings for Grand Theft Auto 5.

The game is available in a standard edition for $59.99, a Special Edition for $79.99 and a GameStop-exclusive Collector's Edition for $149.99. Take-Two did not release a figure for the total number of copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 that have been sold so far.

Well it's GTA 5 what you expect I just want it on PC so I can get more then 30 FPS

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Hype will do that. 

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Would have made more if they released it for the PC as well...

If you love what you do, it's not work.

So much money just from ps3 and xbox games :mellow:

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

then i wont feel bad for "buying it" on my ps3 :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't and won't care until a PC version is released.... I'm guessing they will release it together with the next gen consoles?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

2011-04-14-HOLY-SHIT.jpg

I think that they would have reached over $1.5 billions if they would have released the pc version in the same time

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Marketing and sales planing...

Release GTA5 only on current gen consoles, some PC players will also have console and buy it anyway Make a butt ton of money...

Release GTA5 on next gen consoles, make a butt ton of money...

Release GTA5 on PC, make a butt ton of money...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Even crazier when considering that even the Avengers could only gross 200.000.000 in one weekend.

144Hz goodness

This is going to be the mentality from now on: "Well, they already made 750 million, time to pirate it."

Even crazier when considering that even the Avengers could only gross 200.000.000 in one weekend.

well, movie tickets don't cost $60 and don't have special (+$20) and collectors(+$90) editions to add to those sales figures and never underestimate the power of delivery and lazy people like me

wow... well if this was released on PC it would have easily passed 1billion

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

GTA 4 First week sales was something like $900 Million I think, don't quote me on that I think it was a week. So for this to sell just 100M under than in just one day is.. damn... That would mean they are probably going to make $2 Billion at the least by the end of the week  :lol:

Looks like they made back that $285(?) million and some insanely fast. Damn. Nice job Rockstar. 

COMIC SANS

That number would be over a billion if there was a pc version.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Those are not actual sales figures.

They are an estimate of the total amount of copies they've distributed and the net worth of them which includes the stock purchased by retail stores.

It even states directly in the article that they have not released any sales figures, they are simply estimates.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I have to admit, that is incredible, so they pull in over triple what the game cost to make in 24 hours... D:

post-2255-0-38633100-1378665836.jpg

More info on that thanks to M-ursu here:
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54499-gta-v-most-expensive-video-game-in-history-%E2%80%93-budget-more-than-high-budget-hollywood-films/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly