Hi everyone

I'd like to buy a LG monitor, but i can't figure out what their system for naming their monitors! It's just a few letters and a few numbers, (especially their ultrawide lineup) the only thing i know is that the numbers stand for the size of the screen in inches... 

For example:     LG 34UB67-B

it' an ultrawide, 34" screen with a res. of 2560x1080

34=inches

U (probably)= Ultrawide

B=?

67=?

-B=?

Thanks for the answers

Yup, i realised that shortly after the start of my topic, still thanks for replying!

• 1 year later...

It is probably a bit late, but I know

67 = is the version number or the year

-B = is the color (-B=Black, -W=White)

I have struggles with the numbers after the number for example 27MP68VQ-P or 27MP68HM-P what does the VQ or HM mean?

• 3 years later...

Just for archive purposes. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/igfwzt/understanding_lg_terrible_naming_convention/

If you're like me looking for an LG ultra wide you've probably noticed how their naming convention makes zero sense. Here's a quick and dirty way to try to make sense of the worlds shitties naming scheme.

Take 34GN850-B for example.

34 means the size of the monitor, G means the UltraGear series, N means 2020 model, 850 means roughly how high end it is WITHIN the year and model, and B mean the color black. Sometimes you'll see F or G after the number, that means FreeSync or Gsync.

So here are a few useful legends:

• 34 - Size is pretty straight forward, so not going to cover that.

• G - The first letter can be G for UltraGear (gamer line), W for ultrawide (general ultra wide line), U for Ultrafine (creative line, generally not ultrawide). These are the consumer lines for 2020 and 2019, B indicates its the business line which has extended warranty but its likely the same monitor as its G W or U equivalent.

• N - Second letter N is for 2020, L is for 2019, K is for 2018

• 850 - Second batch of numbers (two or three digits) are rank within year and model.

• Third letter is F for Freesync, G for Gsync (likely full gsync chip, not just gsync compatible). Sometimes there will be a C which could mean Thunderbolt/USB-C? Not all Freesync monitors will have the F letter, so read the product description to make sure.

• -B - Lastly, the letter after the dash is color, W for white and B for black.

So with this being said:

• LG 38WK95C-W is the high end 38" general ultrawide monitor from 2018 in white.

• LG 38WN75C-B is the lower end 38" general ultrawide monitor from 2020 in black

• LG 38WN95C-W is the high end 38" general ultrawide monitor from 2020 in white.

• LG 38GL950G-B is the high end 38" gamer monitor from 2019 with gsync in black

• LG 34GN850-B is the high end 34" gamer monitor from 2020 in black (it has freesync but doesn't say that in the SKU).