Certain Networks Work iPhone6s

Hey,

to start with, I'm from England so some of the network providers you may not be familiar with if you're from NA, which alot of people on this site seem to be. 

so I'm trying to sell my iPhone 6s as I got a 6s+ and I was asked what networks it worked with. Now, I assumed it was unlocked as I had 2 networks on the phone when I was changing my steam account number and needed to access my older sim. 

I've tested 5 Networks. (EE, Virgin, Vodafone, O2 and Giff Gaff) and only EE, Virgin and Giff Gaff work, the other 2 say it's not compatible. 

Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on why only certain networks (that aren't partnered) work with the phone and others aren't compatible. 

Thanks 

Typically it's too expensive for any phone to be be build to support all transmission standards, so you end up with different versions of the same product tailored to the region.
Look up the model number in iphone setttings then search apples website to see the spectrums it supports.

From this you can work out which networks have voice + data (lookout for 4G/LTE support too).
Voice will generally work everywhere, but 4G/LTE will not work depending on network/region.

7 minutes ago, infamous_last said:

Typically it's too expensive for any phone to be be build to support all transmission standards, so you end up with different versions of the same product tailored to the region.
Look up the model number in iphone setttings then search apples website to see the spectrums it supports.

From this you can work out which networks have voice + data (lookout for 4G/LTE support too).
Voice will generally work everywhere, but 4G/LTE will not work depending on network/region.

i see what networks the phone itself is compatible with however the phone isn't unlocked, it came as an EE contract, so I'm guessing it's locked to that network primarily as most phones are,

However I'm just wondering why some are locked but others aren't. Like, certain sims on certain networks aren't activating ?

Is it hard to get it unlocked over there?
Seems every cornershop over here (Australia) offers phone network unlocking.

25 minutes ago, infamous_last said:

Is it hard to get it unlocked over there?
Seems every cornershop over here (Australia) offers phone network unlocking.

Yeah but my network provider won't do it until the contract date has passed (even though I just bought myself out of the contract) which is in 14 months. If you go to a corner shop they charge like £60 (111 AUD) to do it