keeping thinking im a robot (probably not bug just idk where to post)

so every once in awhile i'll click to go to a thread or refresh and it will take me to a cloudflare page and make me do a captcha to be able to go on the site. Im pretty sure im not a robot xD so i have no clue why it is doing this. it just started today and has been doing it since this morning. ill post a screenshot of the page next time it happens.

Screenshot_2.png

Probably some sort of DDOS protection kicking in by mistake since constant refreshing probably looks like a bot to the server running the forum.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

6 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Probably some sort of DDOS protection kicking in by mistake since constant refreshing probably looks like a bot to the server running the forum.

ohhh now i i get why, yesterday i had my autorefresh addon going for CSGO prize to get free tokens while AFK and i must of had LTT open to so it refreshed LTT over and over also. but why would it do that if im just browsing how i normally do? i do look at almost every recent thread and see if i can answer it or not but it's not like a lot of refreshing.

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

ohhh now i i get why, yesterday i had my autorefresh addon going for CSGO prize to get free tokens while AFK and i must of had LTT open to so it refreshed LTT over and over also. but why would it do that if im just browsing how i normally do? i do look at almost every recent thread and see if i can answer it or not but it's not like a lot of refreshing.

Well then the server probably remembered that you were refreshing constantly previously, and wanted to make sure it was legit when you did it again, who knows I'm not sure how cloudflare handles bot requests, it might just go away now that you stopped auto refreshing and did the captcha, or it might keep doing it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Well then the server probably remembered that you were refreshing constantly previously, and wanted to make sure it was legit when you did it again, who knows I'm not sure how cloudflare handles bot requests, it might just go away now that you stopped auto refreshing and did the captcha, or it might keep doing it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it has been. i haven't used my auto refresh since yesterday and it seems like if i sit with LTT open for maybe 20 or 30 min with no activity then refresh or click a thread it will make me prove im not a bot. its just annoying xD

Are you using some sort of ip hiding software/proxy/vpn? That normally can trigger it.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

13 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

Are you using some sort of ip hiding software/proxy/vpn? That normally can trigger it.

im not

Your "autorefresh addon" was refreshing the page tens of times per second by the looks of it - it's not surprising that it is suspicious of you. Hopefully you've learnt your lesson now, and it will probably get less aggressive the more you prove you're not a robot.

Also, please read the posting guidelines before posting - it asks for you to include your Ray ID if it's a cloudflare issue.

HTTP/2 203