Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArkTheYO

Why is the 3.3 Ghz on AMD's CPU same as that of Intel's 3.3 Ghz processor?

Recommended Posts

Just now, CtrlAltELITE said:

Aye I phrased that badly.

A side note is that the circuit board is the package where the die is placed into, so the CPU can interface with the rest of the system. Sometimes you can have multiple components on the CPU package, including the CPU die itself, or in the case of Haswell, the VRM sits right on the package as well.


"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

@CtrlAltELITE @Godlygamer23 So basically i need to compare the bechmarks right? Thanks a lot again ! I have learnt a lot because of you all thanks again!

Always rely on reviews from critics like Anandtech, TechPowerUp, etc to see what kind of performance you can achieve with certain CPUs to ensure you're getting the best value or raw performance for your intended scenario.


"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

A side note is that the circuit board is the package where the die is placed into, so the CPU can interface with the rest of the system. Sometimes you can have multiple components on the CPU package, including the CPU die itself, or in the case of Haswell, the VRM sits right on the package as well.

Oh! I never realised that changed in Haswell. I was always under the assumption that VRMs where still on the mainboard chipset :D


PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

 

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CtrlAltELITE said:

Oh! I never realised that changed in Haswell. I was always under the assumption that VRMs where still on the mainboard chipset :D

For Haswell, they were placed on the CPU package, but it was producing too much heat which leaked into the CPU, so with Skylake it went back to the motherboard.


"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArkTheYO said:

@Godlygamer23 oh i see! oh is see you mention "INTENDED SCENARIO", would you please leaborate on that!

really sorry for the trouble ! thanks a lot!

Intended scenario means what you're trying to do with the build and what your budget is.


"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

 

@Godlygamer23 Thanks a lot again! really thanks a lot ! I learned a lot today because of you and others ! Thanks again ! SO i have come to the conclusion that there is "NO UNIFORM STANDARD SET FOR THE BASE CLOCK SPEEDS FOR PROCESSORS FROM DIFFERENT COMPANIES" and thus i need to check up on the benchmarks according to my intended scenario!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArkTheYO said:

 

@Godlygamer23 Thanks a lot again! really thanks a lot ! I learned a lot today because of you and others ! Thanks again ! SO i have come to the conclusion that there is "NO UNIFORM STANDARD SET FOR THE BASE CLOCK SPEEDS FOR PROCESSORS FROM DIFFERENT COMPANIES" and thus i need to check up on the benchmarks according to my intended scenario!

Pretty much. Clock speeds are useless in determining the performance of a CPU. Reviews are your friend.


"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×