What do you think of this phone?

Ghostay

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smartphone-10000mAh-Capacity-Lollipop-Aluminium/dp/B01A8NY4CI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1459603147&sr=8-5&keywords=Oppo

The first thing I noticed is the absolutely massive battery, 10K MAH. Damn.

What do you think? is it worth buying it to replace an aging Moto G?

I've never heard of the company but it seems reputable.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

I did hear about Oukitel, they are selling budget smartphones with a solid price/performance ratio.

Dat battery is massive, 10.000mAh will certiandly push it a couple of days. Tho I am worrying about weight, for £160, it is a very good deal.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

The Phone it self is a bit weak. The 1.3GHz quad-core CPU isnt good for stuff like "Mobilgaming" but should be okay for Web stuff. Also its a bit thick with 1.8cm and the screen is kind of low res for this 5.5" screen.

If you are okay with that you can give it a try :)

Workstation: I7 4790K| Noctua NH-D15| Gigabyte gtx 660 OC| 16Gb Ram 1600Mhz| 2x FullHD 16:9 Monitors

Gaming rig:  FX6100 @ 4.5GHz| Club 3D radeon HD 7870XT Joker| 8Gb Kingston HyperX @ 2133MHz| MSI GAMING 970| 1680x1050 Monitor

Notebook:    Custom MSI GE60| I7 4710HQ| Nvidia Geforce gtx 860

Just now, Djole123 said:

I did hear about Oukitel, they are selling budget smartphones with a solid price/performance ratio.

Dat battery is massive, 10.000mAh will certiandly push it a couple of days. Tho I am worrying about weight, for £160, it is a very good deal.

My only concern is the CPU speed. Another great thing about the battery thought is that it can charge other phones apparently. o.O

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Seems legit, I am skeptical of the battery IMO.  If it's everything it says it is, then it's pretty good.  Not high end (look at the camera & RAM), but it would probably do well.  Again, skeptical of the battery.  A Sony Xperia z3+ might do well, but it's a much higher price :)

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

Yeah it seems to be build as a powerbank phone :). If you are looking into big phone batterys and also some buildquality you should mabye look up the Xiaomi redmi note 3 :) it got 4000mAh but thats great for a phone with that nice pricetag.

Workstation: I7 4790K| Noctua NH-D15| Gigabyte gtx 660 OC| 16Gb Ram 1600Mhz| 2x FullHD 16:9 Monitors

Gaming rig:  FX6100 @ 4.5GHz| Club 3D radeon HD 7870XT Joker| 8Gb Kingston HyperX @ 2133MHz| MSI GAMING 970| 1680x1050 Monitor

2 minutes ago, Ghostay said:

My only concern is the CPU speed. Another great thing about the battery thought is that it can charge other phones apparently. o.O

Yeah it is a bit weak, but considering the price, it's fine.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

That thing is hideous

Oh yeah that looks like it's straight out of the Galaxy Active line xD 

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

That thing is hideous

Eye of the beholder.

I am going to guess that the CPU in this phone will be VERY slow. When i google "mt6735 vs MSM8916" (the mt is in the Oikitel the MSM is in the Moto G) I get the results that the Snapdragon is about 2x faster. So don´t expect great performance out of this phone, but i'm sure it uses almost no battery.

4 minutes ago, Ghostay said:

if you just need a phone with a long battery life i'd say go for it, i dont really care for the mediatek chipset, though that was because of their previous generations. 

one of the reviews said the charger got hot within a hour, i wonder if that was an isolated incident or the other reviewers didnt notice. 

the other drawback is the non removable battery, i used to buy a lot of chinese phones and that was usually the first thing to go bad due to the low quality chips

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

1 minute ago, Hellpro said:

I am going to guess that the CPU in this phone will be VERY slow. When i google "mt6735 vs MSM8916" (the mt is in the Oikitel the MSM is in the Moto G). From my point of view I can only see that the Snapdragon is about 2x faster. So don´t expect great performance out of this phone, but i'm sure it uses almost no battery.

Yeah thats right ^^. I use a Cubot X9 with a mtk6592m  and it lasts for about one and a half Day with his little 1200mAh battery.

I have a Galaxy S5 Mini, any Galaxy S5 is probably close to that price point now, you should consider that.  They are water proof and have expandable storage.  My battery is very much "all day", especially if you charge it through your computer when you use your computer,

Just now, HansEberhart said:

Yeah thats right ^^. I use a Cubot X9 with a mtk6592m  and it lasts for about one and a half Day with his little 1200mAh battery.

Yeah, with that math this phone should last 12.5 days xD

Just now, HansEberhart said:

Can I ask how well it performs, I don't really game on my phone, maybe do a bit of Clash of clans. I doubt it could run Hearhstone, which is a small issue. I mainly use my current phone for Reddit and Firefox.

5 minutes ago, HansEberhart said:

Yeah it seems to be build as a powerbank phone :). If you are looking into big phone batterys and also some buildquality you should mabye look up the Xiaomi redmi note 3 :) it got 4000mAh but thats great for a phone with that nice pricetag.

Looks good!

2 minutes ago, Ghostay said:

Can I ask how well it performs, I don't really game on my phone, maybe do a bit of Clash of clans. I doubt it could run Hearhstone, which is a small issue. I mainly use my current phone for Reddit and Firefox.

It depends on how well the skin for Android is made. My LG G3 was lagging HARD just pressing the home button with its snapdragon 801 (Known for overheating)

3 minutes ago, Ghostay said:

Since its a Octacore CPU it performes quiet well. But I wouldnt recomment it now that its released over a year ago. Im looking by myself into buying the Xiaomi Redmi note 3 because of a much better CPU, fullHD Display and 4000mAh battery :) Mabye consider that device.

Lol my posts have been ignored mostly

1 minute ago, bobdabiulder said:

Lol my posts have been ignored mostly

sorry :D

15 minutes ago, bobdabiulder said:

Seems legit, I am skeptical of the battery IMO.  If it's everything it says it is, then it's pretty good.  Not high end (look at the camera & RAM), but it would probably do well.  Again, skeptical of the battery.  A Sony Xperia z3+ might do well, but it's a much higher price :)

Isn't the Z3 enough? I know one person who owns a Z3. He is very happy with the battery life. Didn't Linus have the Z3 with an orange Dbrand skin?

Just now, Hellpro said:

Isn't the Z3 enough? I know one person who owns a Z3. He is very happy with the battery life. Didn't Linus have the Z3 with an orange Dbrand skin?

I was talking about the other phone, I only talked about the Z3 in the last sentence lol.  The Z3 looks great - nice camera (OFC, it's Sony), and seems good.  I am skeptical of the phone the OP chose

2 minutes ago, bobdabiulder said:

I was talking about the other phone, I only talked about the Z3 in the last sentence lol.  The Z3 looks great - nice camera (OFC, it's Sony), and seems good.  I am skeptical of the phone the OP chose

Yeah, I know, I just read the thread again and I missed this comment :/ I agree with you, not so sure about the cpu in the phone that the OP chose

1 minute ago, Hellpro said:

Yeah, I know, I just read the thread again and I missed this comment :/ I agree with you, not so sure about the cpu in the phone that the OP chose

What do you think of this CPU? MTK6592 2.0GHz Octa Core

I'm not smart when it comes to mobile CPU's and GPU's so I may appear stupid. :P