Wifi enabled eLocks and Door Cameras

Logun

Hello,

Next year might be the school year where my child begins to come home by themselves. As such I'm beginning to look into electronic door locks and cameras. There doesn't seem to be much in the ways of reviews on the internet so I thought I would check here to see if anyone has first hand experience with these products. Any information to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

The Ring doorbell is pretty solid.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Electronic Door locks you can buy at Home Depot.

Door bell with camera you can buy there too.

You can sew in a GPS tracker into your kids backpack. These devices are used for pets, bicycles, ebikes, motorbikes, quads, skidoo's. Some are as small as 1" diameter. Tons of reviews.

We us the ring doorbell, along with the nest dropcam. it works really well for us.  Does your kid have a smartphone? If they do I would recommend using the App Life360 you can set it up to notify you when she gets within 50 feet of the house. so you know when they get home. and if she walks to school you can get the same notification. It has helped me a fair amount!

They seem secure enough as I've never heard a customer mention it. The thing is we sell a lot to older couples, they see something on Facebook about hackers, get scared and return them. 

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

At our house, we have a yale lock with a keypad on the back door, and a ring doorbell on our front  (detached garage) and the keypad is nice to have and is connected to our security system.  The keypad with our provider does give a notification whenever someone unlocks the door with it.