CPU Cooler for Non K CPU

Go to solution Solved by Nacho Marco Segui,
5 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

My bad, still, you can use the stock cooler. An aftermarket cooler will only provide better thermals and acoustics

I'm planning to upgrade from my i3 4170 to either an i5 4460 or a Xeon e3 1231 V3. Both have this thing called turbo boost. Would I benefit from an aftermarket cooler for turbo boost purposes? Also I have heard you can get a constant turbo boost on all 4 cores with some motherboards. Would my MSI H81M-P33 be able to do so? Also please recommend some good aftermarket coolers that would fit my needs and would be relatively quiet.  

I use an i5-4460 with a Hyper 212 Evo cooler. The CPU never gets very hot and turbos perfectly, though the cooler is not the quietest thing in the world. Works very well overall, would recommend.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

My bad, still, you can use the stock cooler. An aftermarket cooler will only provide better thermals and acoustics

Yes, though I would recommend the 212, you don't need more than the stock cooler in your case.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

The 212 is nice, but frankly I find the Intel stock coolers to work just fine and turbo continues to function.

Why spend money when you don't have to?