I am getting realy low fps in all games all of a sudden.

Specs, fx 6300, 2x4 corsair ram, gtx 770 2gb gigabyte, corsair cx750, asrock 970 pro 3 r 2.0.

I was playing my games fine and went on a holiday and my fps was really low in all games apart from BF4 which sorta works. (I tried CSGO, BF3, Insurgency and a few other games) It isn't just low fps but kinda stuttering with the fps. I have the same problem when I first boot up and go to play BF3, (But after a reboot it is fixed). Which is weird but manageable. I have had an oc om my cpu for a while now @4.4. I don't know if that makes a difference but please help me.

15 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

Specs, fx 6300, 2x4 corsair ram, gtx 770 2gb gigabyte, corsair cx750, asrock 970 pro 3 r 2.0.

I was playing my games fine and went on a holiday and my fps was really low in all games apart from BF4 which sorta works. (I tried CSGO, BF3, Insurgency and a few other games) It isn't just low fps but kinda stuttering with the fps. I have the same problem when I first boot up and go to play BF3, (But after a reboot it is fixed). Which is weird but manageable. I have had an oc om my cpu for a while now @4.4. I don't know if that makes a difference but please help me.

I would replace the PSU and get 8Gb more RAM (for a total of 16Gb). Try to go back to the original CPU speed.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I would replace the PSU and get 8Gb more RAM (for a total of 16Gb). Try to go back to the original CPU speed.

I have tried a new psu and had a go at putting the UEFI back to default and no change :(

You probably have a crypto/bitcoin miner thing running in the background. Are you GPU temps and usage high when your computer is idle?

10 hours ago, allindaze said:

You probably have a crypto/bitcoin miner thing running in the Background. Are you GPU temps and usage high when your computer is idle?

they might be a little higher than usual but it's only about 3-5c. I have never had anything to do with bit coin mining. Would the over clock have done anything.

3 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

they might be a little higher than usual but it's only about 3-5c. I have never had anything to do with bit coin mining. Would the over clock have done anything.

The bitcoin mining is a malicious virus that gets installed on your computer without your knowledge. By ways of running game cracks or other repackaged software. An overclock may introduce instability but it's not likely that it would cause you to drop FPS by that much. It's more likely that you have bad drivers, have you upgraded those recently?

Are you able to see your temps when you're playing? Do they max out? Are your video cards throttling due to cooling issues?

Tbqh it's very strange that the game drops in performance but works after a reboot. You'll need to figure out at what point it begins to fail again. Is it maybe that the performance issue begins maybe say 15 or 30 minutes after you've booted?

2 minutes ago, allindaze said:

The bitcoin mining is a malicious virus that gets installed on your computer without your knowledge. By ways of running game cracks or other repackaged software. An overclock may introduce instability but it's not likely that it would cause you to drop FPS by that much. It's more likely that you have bad drivers, have you upgraded those recently?

Are you able to see your temps when you're playing? Do they max out? Are your video cards throttling due to cooling issues?

I deleted my mobo drivers and tried to install the "all in 1" but it failed( I haven't had a chance to retry since). I think my gpu sits around 65-70 while under load, but i haven't payed much attention to it. I cant tell if its being loud because I can't hear it over my cpu cooler.

1 minute ago, Sebbydo said:

I deleted my mobo drivers and tried to install the "all in 1" but it failed( I haven't had a chance to retry since). I think my gpu sits around 65-70 while under load, but i haven't payed much attention to it. I cant tell if its being loud because I can't hear it over my cpu cooler.

What "all in one" are you referring to and how did it fail? Really all you need is the chipset drivers and Windows should install those automatically.

Based on your description something is definitely hogging GPU cycles. I can't see why else else you would have stuttering. I would try to investigate if anything else is running while the stuttering is occurring.

2 minutes ago, allindaze said:

What "all in one" are you referring to and how did it fail? Really all you need is the chipset drivers and Windows should install those automatically.

Based on your description something is definitely hogging GPU cycles. I can't see why else else you would have stuttering. I would try to investigate if anything else is running while the stuttering is occurring.

The "all in one" thing I was talking about is just a compressed version of all the drivers for the mobo, instead of downloading lots of individual drivers, like sound, usb etc.

I always try to minimize the amount of system resources being used so I get a better fps in games.

When I get home I will sent temps for everything and install the mobo driver properly

This is idle temps just after start up56fe6974349cf_AfterCGGO.PNG.d107452a8fed

This is during CSGO with bots        Idle.PNG.3a2ff20b94ea22f87111abdd97f7599

3 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

This is idle temps just after start up56fe6974349cf_AfterCGGO.PNG.d107452a8fed

This is during CSGO with bots        Idle.PNG.3a2ff20b94ea22f87111abdd97f7599

I am retarded sorry they other way around. lol soz

Hopefully you someone can give an insite

10 hours ago, allindaze said:

I fixed it by reinstaling gpu drivers for a third time and its back to normal. Thanks for your help guys :);)