American Megatrends boot problem

perpetuation

Hello everyone, 1st time pc builder here.

Every time I start up my new pc, it starts with the asus logo, then goes to the American Megatrends page. The error on the bottom states:

"When RAID configuration was built, ensure to set SATA Configuration to RAID mode. Press f1 to run setup" 

I dont have RAID set up, nor do I want it. 

I have a 1TB HDD and my motherboard is an Asus P10S WS  

I tried restoring the BIOS settings to default, taking out and plugging back power and SATA cords but no luck.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a screenshot of what appears

IMG_1015.JPG.jpeg

Have you resetted CMOS yet?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Is the HDD brand new or are you reusing it from another system? Is there any important data you have on it at the moment?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

14 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Have you resetted CMOS yet?

Yes, I have, there is a button on my mother board and I pressed it to reset. Also removed the battery and put it back in.

9 minutes ago, failblox said:

Is the HDD brand new or are you reusing it from another system? Is there any important data you have on it at the moment?

The HDD is brand new so no important data is on it

9 minutes ago, perpetuation said:

The HDD is brand new so no important data is on it

Check in your BIOS that your SATA devices are set to use the AHCI protocol.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I assume you are actually able to get into the bios by hitting f1? What happens if you just put it into raid mode to try?

Core i5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce | MSI Z170 Krait Gaming Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400 | NZXT S340 Red                                              EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow Tournament | Logitech G600 Razer Kraken USB                                                                                                            If you want me to see your post, please remember to quote me!

10 minutes ago, failblox said:

Check in your BIOS that your SATA devices are set to use the AHCI protocol.

I went into PCH Storage Configuration in BIOS and my "SATA Mode Selection" is set to AHCI

10 minutes ago, TrifectaIII said:

I assume you are actually able to get into the bios by hitting f1? What happens if you just put it into raid mode to try?

If I change it to RAID I just get the same error

Can you try to boot from a disc or a flash drive?

Core i5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce | MSI Z170 Krait Gaming Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400 | NZXT S340 Red                                              EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow Tournament | Logitech G600 Razer Kraken USB                                                                                                            If you want me to see your post, please remember to quote me!

8 minutes ago, TrifectaIII said:

Can you try to boot from a disc or a flash drive?

No I cannot

1 hour ago, perpetuation said:

No I cannot

Does that mean you cannot try or you can try and it doesn't work?

52 minutes ago, German_John said:

Does that mean you cannot try or you can try and it doesn't work?

It means Ive tried and it doesn't work, just goes to the same screen

11 hours ago, perpetuation said:

It means Ive tried and it doesn't work, just goes to the same screen

If it's possible, I would try plugging the drive into another computer that works and then completely nuking the drive using a special program or OS like Eraser (a program) or PartedMagic (an OS). Don't just format it like a regular USB drive - completely wipe the drive of everything.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

• 5 months later...

I realize this is resurrecting an old thread, but I had the same problem with my P10S WS board. In fact, I had the same problem with two different samples of the board. I called ASUS tech support a few times about this and a few other related issues with the board. It appears the BIOS does not correctly hold on to its settings and wants to reconfigure itself upon boot. This appears to be a flaw in the BIOS, which must still exist as part of the UEFI. No idea.

I have one of my boards in for an RMA. We'll see if it comes back working properly, or not. In the meantime, there is a setting in the UEFI where you can tell the board not to wait for an F1 on error. It is either in the Boot, or the Advanced section of the EUFI. This will allow the board to finish its POST and get along with the business of booting up. 

Also, for reasons that are not entirely clear to me, ASUS does not list the P10S WS under its normal motherboard section. You need to select "Server." You can access various tech support options from there.

I will update this thread as I learn more in case others out in the land of the Internet run into similar problems. Hopefully a solution is forthcoming because the board has a lot of nice specifications for demanding applications. I am using mine for a ZFS file server and wanted a board that handled ECC RAM, has PCIE 16x slots for expansion, had plenty of SATA headers, and could take M.2 drives. We shall see.

• 3 years later...

i am having the same prob rn. it worked perfectly for 3 long years. i guess my CMOS battery is dead. will try replacing it see if it works

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have the same problem. I don't have intel octane or Raid. So if you have any solutions for this I will appriciate. Thank you