Best Quiet 140mm Case Cooling Fans

omglazrbms

I've got the Switch 810, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what some good 140mm case cooling fans are. I'm using two Noctuas 120mm for my h100i, but I don't want to use them for the rest of the case.

P.S. The must be square framed!

Edit: changed the title to outline that I want as close to silent as possible.

sorry should have been more specific lol, I don't want to use the noctua's on the rest of the case because of the color scheme, but i will if there's no other good quiet 140mm

Gelid wings are very good and quiet, especially when under volted. I've only used the 120mm version but I imagine the 140's would be more of the same. Silverstone air penetrators are also very good. Both of those are more pressure optimized though. I've also heard a lot of good things about Bitfenix spectre pros.

CPU: 3570K Clocked at 4.5 Ghz | MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro | GPU: GTX 780 SLI | RAM: Corsair DDR3 1600 16Gb | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | PSU: Silverstone ST75F-P 750w | DISPLAY : Asus PB278Q & Dell U2412M | SSD : Samsung 840 240GB | HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM | MOUSE : Logitech G700s | MOUSEPAD : Steelseries QCK+ | KEYBOARD : WASD V1 Semi-Custom Cherry MX Blue | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z623 | HEADPHONES : Beyerdynamic Custome One Pro w/ mic. Attachment

Gelid wings are very good and quiet, especially when under volted. I've only used the 120mm version but I imagine the 140's would be more of the same. Silverstone air penetrators are also very good. Both of those are more pressure optimized though. I've also heard a lot of good things about Bitfenix spectre pros.
Agree about the Gelids and the APs, but...

Spectre fans are the quietest fan I've ever used. That includes Noctuas, Silverstones, Antecs... Just about any fan maker you can think of really (BeQuiet! is an exception). They're not stellar when it comes to CFM or static pressure, but they are QUIET.

I also highly recommend Enermax fans. They make their own fans which is rare these days, and the quality/price ratio is amazing. I have some Enermax 140mm Vegas Duos and they sound great. Mainly I love them for the QUALITY of sound they produce, as it is not silent, but is a very quiet and with a pleasant tone.

Antec Truequiet 140 (a different beast to the 120mm).

Source #1

Source #2

Source #3

You'll notice Source #2 has nearly maxed-out noise level (very silent), while retaining very high CFM/Db.

Gentle typhoon, corsair af series or noctuas. Noctuas if you care about quality, sound and performance, others if you want looks.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD