Notification push lag ?

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

There are two types of notifications - ones that appear in the bell menu, and ones that just notify you about new replies to the thread. The new replies notifications are you checked much more often, so they can appear up to a minute before the reply notification shows up to allow you to add the reply to the page. 

Hi , I am having some lag concerning the notification push in my schools Firefox browser and my own PC.

Example  : im on the main page of the forum and just scrolling around and commenting on post and replying to them ect.

I get a reply from someone and there is the number 1 next to the bell icon , I click on the bell icon and read the reply and write my reply.  1-2 minutes later i get a push notification concerning the same topic i have already replied too by pressing the bell reply.Now this does happen ever so few often with my own Pc but there was a rare time where i had bunch of comments appear by the bell on a topic that i made and push notification was enabled but i did not see any of the push massage where it said '' 2 more people have replied to xxxxxxxxxx '' . I just want to know what is casuing this lag.

Thank you.

(⌐■_■) 

There are two types of notifications - ones that appear in the bell menu, and ones that just notify you about new replies to the thread. The new replies notifications are you checked much more often, so they can appear up to a minute before the reply notification shows up to allow you to add the reply to the page. 

HTTP/2 203

57 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

BUt this does not explain the fact that one time the site did not push any notifications dispite me having multiple replies from people who appeared in the bell icon.

(⌐■_■) 

On 30/03/2016 at 11:17 AM, Ridska said:

BUt this does not explain the fact that one time the site did not push any notifications dispite me having multiple replies from people who appeared in the bell icon.

Maybe you didn't leave it for long enough before loading a different page - if you refresh the page, it will add the replies to the page, and won't show a notification about new replies.

HTTP/2 203