Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shad_Stang

Replacing GTX 970 GPU fans for silence

Posted · Original PosterOP

My Zotac GTX 970's fan are too loud, I wish to only replace my fans as I plan on reselling when pascal comes out. The image is the top of my card. Link also here.

Observations:

There is a mini pwm splitter for the two fans that go to the actual mini pwm port behind the shell

When I held down the fan to stop it to see if the noise was the gpu fans, the software reacted by making the other fan run at 100%

I originally wanted to put the slim profile 92mm Noctua fans on there, but I don't think it will let the air expel out with the Zotac fan shell cover. I could be wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I ziptie Noctuas on the heatsink?

81LORt67ShL._SL1500_.jpg

If you replace the fans yourself you'll have a much harder time trying to resell it in the future. If you plan on selling just wait it out.

Desktop: i7 7700K @ 4.7Ghz, 16GB DDR4, Cooler Master H80i v2, 500GB M.2 SSD, Fractal Focus G *white* case, Gigabyte 1080 8GB

Laptop: EVGA SC17 1070: i7 6820HK, GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 4K Gysnc panel

Laptop: Eluktronics Mech 15 G2, i7 8750H, 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 480GB Nvme SSD, 144hz panel  

1 minute ago, Shad_Stang said:

I would take out the Noctuas and put back the old fans, making it stock again.

OP is asking if he should put Noctuas in, as in he hasn't yet. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430