Ios vs Android

So i want to buy a new smartphone amd im thorn between S7 edge and iphone 6s. I mostly text, watch movies and play games with my phone so the obvious answer is s7 edge i thought. But today i read that ios has more lifetime that android, this meaning that android stops receiving updates while ios keeps updating during more time.What do you think?

Edited by SynergyHD

I would go iOS for face time and its encryption which recently proved effective against government until those damn Jews cracked the phone.

The S7 is a brilliant phone. I like iOS tho tbh in this case because I highly dislike Samsung phones.

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

honestly i wouldn't get a samsung, i actually prefer apple over samsung, but i think htc's m10 might be a hit. maybe wait till it releases.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It depends.

Go to a local carrier and hold the S7 and the i6S and see which one would you rather buy.

And for the lifetime, that is quite true. Apple is still supporting some quite old smartphones, for example, i4 has gotten as far as iOS 7, and the i4S is receiving updates even to this day! Amasing stuff!

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

I will probably just wait for the iphone 7 and then i decide, anyway thanks to everyone that replied

4 hours ago, SynergyHD said:

I will probably just wait for the iphone 7 and then i decide, anyway thanks to everyone that replied

Consider then LG G5 too

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

5 hours ago, Goodman2265 said:

I would go iOS for face time and its encryption which recently proved effective against government until those damn Jews cracked the phone.

The S7 is a brilliant phone. I like iOS tho tbh in this case because I highly dislike Samsung phones.

Hangouts > Facetime

Do you have other iOS/Apple devices? Do you have a majority of your cloud based stuff (email, calendar, notes, etc) with Google? Depending on what eco-system you're already in, you may want to stick with it. iOS/iPhones require iTunes, which if you only have a Windows computer is the worst thing ever. Try both of them out if you can and go with what you prefer, not forum recommendations.

With that said, if you're leaning towards Android, and miss a physical keyboard, take a look at the Blackberry Priv.

Go for Samsung galaxy S7 if you can handle Android and some high level octane shit customization and performance with nearly all the apps you'll ever need in your entire life. If you use a mac then iPhone will be a good choice(iOS is a trap). Considering your view on OS upgrades it all depends on your hardware. I use a Moto E 2nd gen and recently got an update for marshmallow. iOS is too dank for upgrades since apple know what they're doing with their phones. iPhones. Since you said that you'll use it for texting/movies and stuff then I think you should go for android. :)

They're both great phones. One thing to consider is that you will get much better battery life on the iPhones. The 6s+ with a smaller battery and bigger screen gets a bit more battery life than the S7 Snapdragon.

80546.png

I personally have an S7 and it's a great phone although at times, you have to fight with Android to get the battery life that you're supposed to. I've been getting great battery life on my S7, even up to a little over 7 hours of SoT at one point, but today I woke up to insane battery drain cause of Cell Standby. You can't really go wrong with either.

On 3/29/2016 at 11:16 AM, SynergyHD said:

So i want to buy a new smartphone amd im thorn between S7 edge and iphone 6s. I mostly text, watch movies and play games with my phone so the obvious answer is s7 edge i thought. But today i read that ios has more lifetime that android, this meaning that android stops receiving updates while ios keeps updating during more time.What do you think?

I think it depends on your needs. There are certain things that iOS does better than Android and the same is true for the reverse.

What do you use now? What do you daily on your phone?

Are there any apps you have to have that are only available on one platform?

Do you like to tinker, or do you want it to "just work"?

On 3/29/2016 at 11:22 AM, Goodman2265 said:

Excellent points regarding encryption, as I believe Blackberry and Apple are two of the most secure software companies in the world.

(Nothing is perfect, but I've never actually heard of anyone breaking into a secured BB phone, and Apple always patches things quickly.)

On 3/29/2016 at 4:39 PM, Arty said:

Hangouts > Facetime

SMS > MMS > Telegram > Discord > Facebook Messenger > Hangouts > FaceTime > Skype/Facebook Video

This order is simply due to Proprietary Vendor Lock-in and platform coherence.

Really, anything after MMS/Telegram can be bad when it comes time to switch devices, because your current platform may be complete garbage on your new device, or may not work reliably at all. I'm looking at you Skype for Android.

And to a lesser extent, Hangouts - there's no reason I should see any lag when backing out of a conversation to my list of messages. If the bloat that is Facebook Messenger can do it on my Note 3, Hangouts can too... but apparently not. It lags like cold molasses.

Full disclosure: I would LOVE to have FaceTime on Android simply because everyone else in my family has an iOS device, but I have no reason to switch my entire ecosystem over just because of one app. I do actually own and use an iPad as my daily tablet, because I enjoy consuming content on a tablet using an OS that "just works" and leave all the tinkering to my Android phone.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)