4k non gaming GPU

leofoam

A family friend is asking me to make a new computer for them. Having come from an iMac, they want the build to be able to run a 4k display under smaller workloads (Light CAD, not gaming applications). The only problem is that they want to use as small of a case as possible. In looking for a graphics card that fits the case they wanted (a Lian-Li Q19A), I can only find cards with gtx 960 chip sets or lower that fit. I just don't know if those cards are enough to drive the monitor under the light loads and would like to be sure before giving them a quote for the build. Any help you guys could give in picking a card would be appreciated. I don't have a problem with using amd graphics cards, but don't have as much experience with them, as all of my other client builds, as well as my personal rig, have used NVIDIA chip sets, so any recommendations there are very welcome. Thank you all in advance. 

P.S. Because the Lian-Li case is relatively easy to open, I would like to find a card that sticks with a white/black/silver color scheme like the rest of the build. If possible, I would like to avoid a red, orange, or blue GPU

PC Part Picker Link (In progress)

A GTX 960 would be enough.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

R9 280-280x-380-380x and the GTX 960 would all be good GPU's to handle standard 4k tasks. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

15 minutes ago, leofoam said:

A family friend is asking me to make a new computer for them. Having come from an iMac, they want the build to be able to run a 4k display under smaller workloads (Light CAD, not gaming applications). The only problem is that they want to use as small of a case as possible. In looking for a graphics card that fits the case they wanted (a Lian-Li Q19A), I can only find cards with gtx 960 chip sets or lower that fit. I just don't know if those cards are enough to drive the monitor under the light loads and would like to be sure before giving them a quote for the build. Any help you guys could give in picking a card would be appreciated. I don't have a problem with using amd graphics cards, but don't have as much experience with them, as all of my other client builds, as well as my personal rig, have used NVIDIA chip sets, so any recommendations there are very welcome. Thank you all in advance. 

P.S. Because the Lian-Li case is relatively easy to open, I would like to find a card that sticks with a white/black/silver color scheme like the rest of the build. If possible, I would like to avoid a red, orange, or blue GPU

PC Part Picker Link (In progress)

maybe an evga 960? 

On board graphics would be enough. Also don't get the V300, its a horrible SSD.

4 hours ago, leofoam said:

Don't buy a kingston SSD

Don't buy an OEM windows key if you're going to buy an OEM key

If CAD work is the only goal why don't ya just get a workstation GPU?

the W4100 here has 4 mini display port outputs and is low profile with a low profile bracket, it's also ya know, built for CAD workloads, it's $150 ish, next step up is the W5100 and it's around $300

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195132&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?