Dechanic Mouse Pad Review

Are you still using that little sissy mouse pad with the butterflies on it? You know, the one you got free from inside a cereal box. You are? Well, son, it’s time for you to become a man and have manly things-like a large mouse pad. That’s right! One so big you can fit both your mouse and keyboard on at the same time. Or even lie down and take a nap on it, if you want.

Here is a short review of two versions of the Dechanic mouse pads. The Control Edition Extended Heavy and Speed Edition XXL versions.

First up, let’s have a look at the Dechanic Control Edition - Extended Heavy mouse pad.

Dechanic Control Edition - Extended Heavy

* 36”x12”

* Heavily textured weave for control game play

* 6mm thickness

* Optimized for all mouse sensitivities and sensors

* Highly portable cloth-based design

* Anti-slip rubber base

* Machine washable

* Stitching colors available (Black / Blue / Green / Grey / Yellow)

The Control Edition - Extended Heavy mouse pad has a micro-textured surface, which is supposed to offer a more precise control for in-game accuracy. It does have a slight textured feel to its surface as you can see in the image below. 

Spoiler

mCawpMR.jpg

As far as accuracy goes, I did not notice any difference between the Control and Speed editions. My accuracy seemed to be the same, regardless of which mouse pad I was using, and to me that’s a good thing. I am using a Logitech G400S optical gaming mouse, so maybe that had something to do with it. I do not have a laser mouse, so I was unable to test the accuracy with one of those. The specs clearly state that the mouse pads are optimized for all mouse sensitivities and sensors. So you should have no issues regardless what type of mouse you are using.

The mouse pad is wide, and will easily accommodate your mouse and keyboard with room to spare.

Spoiler

us2yIQZ.jpg

I love these larger sized mouse pads, they can help protect your desk from scratches, plus they look good on your desk.

The Heavy version of this particular mouse pad is thick. Pretty comfortable, too. If you are like me and like to rest your arms and elbows on your desk, you will definitely appreciate having the thicker version of the mouse pad.

Now we will have a look at the Dechanic Speed Edition - XXL version of the mouse pad.

Dechanic Speed Edition - XXL

* 36”x18”

* Smooth cloth surface with taut weave for speedy mouse movements

* 3mm thickness

* Optimized for all mouse sensitivities and sensors

* Anti-slip rubber base

* Machine washable

* Stitching colors available (Black / Blue / Green / Grey / Yellow)

As you can see from the specs and image below, the XXL version of the mouse pad is pretty large, and I actually prefer this size.

Spoiler

68tbHR1.jpg

There is plenty of extra room for you to lay a phone or tablet on it if you wish to do so. If you want a larger pad, Dechanics does offer a larger size than the XXL, which would be the XXXL (36″x24″). Before deciding on one of the larger sized mouse pads, be sure you have the desk space for it. If your desk can accommodate the larger size, I would definitely recommend going for it. I love having the extra bit of space the larger pads offer. Plus if you have any imperfections in your desk, having a larger mouse pad can help cover them up. Depending on where they are located, of course.

As for the surface of the Speed Edition, it does indeed have a smoother surface as the you can see in the image below.

Spoiler

2CBFtDm.jpg

But once again, I was not able to notice any difference between the Control and Speed editions with regards to accuracy. Both seemed to perform extremely well for me. Your mileage may vary, however.

In closing. The mouse pads come rolled up and wrapped in plastic. Once unwrapped and lying across your desk, they do lay flat. I had no issues at all with stubborn wrinkles. Both mouse pads look great and feel extremely well made. They do not feel cheap at all. They are thick and have some weight to them. Especially the Extended Heavy version. The stitching along the outer edges of the mouse pad is a nice touch, but it’s not there just for looks. This stitching should help protect the mouse pad against fraying along the outer edges. In the lower left corner of the mouse pad, you will find a small printed Dechanics logo. It’s actually a pretty cool looking logo, too.

The bottom of the mouse pad is made of rubber and has a slight texture to it, and it does hold well to the surface of your desk. See bottom of pad in image below.

Spoiler

C7HYlol.jpg

I had no issues at all with the mouse pads slipping and both mouse pads offered plenty of room to maneuver the mouse around without going off the pad. As some of you well know, if you are using a small mouse pad and playing a FPS game, it’s pretty easy to get a little too excited and move your mouse off the pad. If you do not get that excited and are able to remain calm, well, then, I guess you are special. As for me, I will nearly be doing cartwheels during those intense gaming sessions so, the more room I have, the better.

You will see the size difference of these two mouse pads in the image below. The Control Edition Extended Heavy (36″x12″) is on top of the Speed Edition XXl (36″x18″).

Spoiler

BlNJ6FV.jpg

These are great mouse pads, guys. I absolutely love them! If you are looking for a larger sized mouse pad, definitely check these out. I truly believe you will be impressed with the quality.

You may check them out right here: https://dechanic.com

Thanks for reading and take care, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the necro.

What other mousepads have you tried? Or is this a "this is my first mousepad and I love it even though I have never tried anything else" type review?

I have heard of control pads wearing out mouse feet faster. Do you have any equipment that can verify this claim?

Another concern, a lot of thick mousepads have trouble with low quality rubber having air bubbles that lead to an inconsistent base.

An example is here.

1f9fcf2a_029831Y.jpeg

As you can see, the Zowie G-SR has a very consistent base, whereas every other mousepad uses natural rubber, and therefore has more inconsistencies in the feel of the pad.

Can you verify this at all?

Thanks for reading.

nobelharvards,

I've owned a couple small inexpensive and cheaply made mouse pads in the past, but certainly nothing you would consider of high quality. In fact, the last few years I've simply been using my mouse (Logitech G400S Optical Mouse) without a mouse pad at all. Just using it on the surface of my desk. These Dechanic mouse pads are in fact the first quality mouse pads that I've ever owned, so I have no experience with any others to compare them to. All I can tell you is that I absolutely love them and will definitely buy again.

As far as the mouse feet wearing out on Control pads; I would imagine this would take several years of extremely heavy use to do. Honestly, I just don't think this is something one should worry too much about. By the time the feet wear out, you'll probably want to buy a new mouse, anyway. If not, then simply buy some more feet for it. I've been using my Logitech mouse on my hard desk for several years now and the mouse feet are perfectly fine. I haven't took it easy on my mouse at all, it's been heavily used. Who knows, maybe it's just an awesome mouse. :)

These Dechanic mouse pads have NO "air bubbles" that I can see in the rubber. The outer edge is stitched for reinforcement. And the top surface is very level throughout the entire top. There are NO dips or bumps anywhere on the top. They feel perfectly level. This is not to say they will never wear out, as I suppose any mouse pad can wear out at some point. But these pads certainly feel like they will last me for a very long time. Only time will tell, however.

I took a few more pics for you to show you the edge and bottom of the mouse pad. You may see the gallery at this link: http://imgur.com/a/Dbllk

Be sure to click on the images to see a much larger version.

If I can help you any further, just let me know. I would be happy to help.

Best of luck, bud.