Project Rhino - A HEX GEAR R80 prototype build

p0Pe
On 17/4/2016 at 8:05 AM, daDILLYdog said:

too add my own opinion; that is a sexy case compared to my HAF

Haha, thanks!

On 18/4/2016 at 8:32 AM, xc0mbatx said:

It makes me feel a little queasy to think how long this would have taken! and the patience involved... You say you've done a lot, though I think it would still be a job and a half to do this amount of cabling. I just finished doing my own RM650 and though that was a big deal haha. Nice job, as always. Very inspirational.

It is hard the first few times until you nail the technique, then it is all patience from there :)

23 hours ago, smicha said:

Better and better :)  

How many gpu connectors are there on the back of ax1500i? 10?

10 yeah. But if you use the stock cables it is not a problem, as you can put a single GPU on a single cable. It is only because I use two full cables per GPU to make the sleeving easier.

23 hours ago, smicha said:

Thank you for the Octane Bench. For all results see the https://render.otoy.com/octanebench/results.php?sort_by=max&filter=&singleGPU=0

Looks like my 4 titans are in the low end :/ But I cant really seem to get them any higher sadly.

Alright, small hickup! I found out that the PWM pumps does not work with the aquaero 6 I got because aparently the D5 pumps does not follow the PWM standard or some stuff, and does not have 5 volts on the PWM signal line so it can be registered on the aquaero.

So long story short, since the pumps is not drawing 12v from the aquaero itself, but directly from the power supply, it is possible to take the 12 volt line from the aquaero, convert it to 5 volt and feed it into the PWM signal line.

Before this mod, the pumps would run at a constant 60% speed aka 2200 RPM which was kinda noisy. With this mod, they can now run as low as 1100 RPM, and possibly more, making them dead silent!

A big thank goes out to Darlene / IT Diva from oc.net  for helping me figure out the correct resistors to use!

lkTPj8V.jpg

This is now the finished mod looks like. 
From left to right:
1/4W – 2.2K resistor
1/2W – 1K
1W -5.1v zener diode

PYTLLeX.jpg

To make it all neat and tidy I bent the resistors and diodes and put them into one of the empty pin holes of the 4 pin connector.

vQBAaCe.jpg

I could have made this mod directly to the cable that went from the pumps, but since I already sleeved that, I decided to make an extender instead.

7mbU3iC.jpg

Finishing it up with some heatshrink. Stealthy!

This is exactly same problem as mine I tested yesterday:) Aquaero 6 (XT or PRO) is limited to 12V for ther 4 fans outputs. So I have to stick with bios PWM control of 2xD5 for now. But I am pretty sure I'll get aquabus soon. 

Does any of you have any experience with aquabus?

5 hours ago, smicha said:

This is exactly same problem as mine I tested yesterday:) Aquaero 6 (XT or PRO) is limited to 12V for ther 4 fans outputs. So I have to stick with bios PWM control of 2xD5 for now. But I am pretty sure I'll get aquabus soon. 

Does any of you have any experience with aquabus?

Aquabus works great if you get the aquacomputer pumps. But just make this mod, and you can controll the pumps from the aquaero easily. Just draw 12 v from the PSU, and run the PWM and RPM line into the aquaero with this mod.

It is actually the pumps that does not follow the PWM standards.

Is the only way to make this gorgeous mod by myself, or can I buy it anywhere?

50 minutes ago, smicha said:

Is the only way to make this gorgeous mod by myself, or can I buy it anywhere?

I think you have to do it yourself.

But it is really easy, and the components for the mod is super common. If you know how to solder, it should not be an issue.

Can't wait for this to be done, it's just.. so kawaii! <3 So beautiful, elegant, can't stop looking <3

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

On 22/4/2016 at 7:32 PM, Allshevski said:

Can't wait for this to be done, it's just.. so kawaii! <3 So beautiful, elegant, can't stop looking <3

Thanks!

Tubing update! Got all tube cut to length, cleaned up the edges, and cleaned the tubes! Also put all cables in place, and booted the PC up quick to see if everything registered, and it is running smooth!

lwJUbMR.jpg

All cards and cpu block installed.

kdLNpCh.jpg

Really like the looks of those cards. It is a shame that EK does not make quad clear GPU bridges :/

rg9LxzG.jpg

I am using this getto mount to cut the acrylic tubing.

lRQBT9L.jpg

And this drill attachement to trim the edges. This is also handy for taking a mm or two off the tube to get it to the perfect length.

iyAO1mh.jpg

Sometims accident happens and too much is taken off. It actually makes a huge difference for the final result.

Camim8u.jpg

Started with the GPU - cpu piping and worked my way from there. It is hard to exactly plan a loop like this, so I pretty much just worked with the fittings I had, and tested different setups.

zGYkPnU.jpg

I put tape on the tubes in order to not scratch them when doing the trimming with the drill.

m435YpW.jpg

The first pump is actually located a bit over the reservoir, but this will not be an issue, as the weight of the fluid will force it into the first pump, and "jumpstart" the filling process.

nXRU4a8.jpg

Done! Some of the tubes looks a bit off, but that is just because they are a bit out of place, and needs to be "pushed back".

QnMUbyp.jpg

All tubes cleaned and ready to be put in again.

9wUtcvG.jpg

Time to get the cables in there.. God there are so many cables!

D7MuPYC.jpg

But the 180 comb really tidies it up:D

f1VZRs3.jpg

Other angle.

9ChcH4M.jpg

Everything in place! Just some fluid and final details to go!

OOdM6Hb.jpg

There is now one single open slot on the PSU. Which is just a testimony to how many cables was made for this thing:D

24 minutes ago, p0Pe said:

-sip-

Ohh my god... What a fine beauty! This is one of my favorite builds of all time!!

Intel core I5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-HD3, Gigabyte gtx 760, 8 GB corsair value ram, Thermaltake core v21, Thermaltake Smart 630W PSU

Alcatel OneTouch D5... IT WORKS!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BxMjTW  

So compact, neat, well organized, planned and so carefully done. Although 3 pumps are little overkill (2 would be fine) I love the way you structured them.

Spectacular! I love the way the water cooling lines are being done! If I were going for a build like this I would have a hard time deciding on going with what you are doing or with bent hardlines.

On 25/4/2016 at 9:12 PM, Abel225 said:

Ohh my god... What a fine beauty! This is one of my favorite builds of all time!!

Thanks! I look forward to show the final pictures and hear what you think:D

On 25/4/2016 at 9:19 PM, smicha said:

So compact, neat, well organized, planned and so carefully done. Although 3 pumps are little overkill (2 would be fine) I love the way you structured them.

I love that it is the pumps that you find overkill in this system :D

On 25/4/2016 at 9:33 PM, Nardella said:

Spectacular! I love the way the water cooling lines are being done! If I were going for a build like this I would have a hard time deciding on going with what you are doing or with bent hardlines.

I actually tried bent hardline, but quickly went back to this with fittings as I simply think it looks better.

On 27/04/2016 at 4:31 PM, p0Pe said:

I love that it is the pumps that you find overkill in this system :D

Yeah, he just skims over the 4 titans, the cpu and the ram. Or course the extra pump is the overkill part.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

2 hours ago, nmil said:

Yeah, he just skims over the 4 titans, the cpu and the ram. Or course the extra pump is the overkill part.

Sorry guys, but after a 7 gpu machine I am little bit spoiled :)

On 27/4/2016 at 5:45 PM, victor de souza said:

Simply a piece of art

Thanks!

On 1/5/2016 at 7:27 AM, nmil said:

Haha, that guy has too many GPU's!

On 1/5/2016 at 9:34 AM, smicha said:

Sorry guys, but after a 7 gpu machine I am little bit spoiled :)

How is that one coming along? Really looking forward to see it:D

Small upgrade before the finished shots! I needed to swap out the accent packs to something more fitting to this build.

wHa8mSI.jpg

Thankfully this is actually quite easy, even with a full stocked build. First, remove the 4 big M8 bolts, and the 7 small bolts.

oV77Dm6.jpg

When taken off, next step is to remove the acrylic panel itself.

nA0vJ4u.jpg

Make sure that the PC is on its side when doing this step, and be a bit carefull when taking it off.

bQT0IBS.jpg

This also opens up for some interesting shots that you normally cannot get.

IQ4P8R1.jpg

Still like the looks of these ram:D

IPyiOxO.jpg

Quad bridge standing strong!

vyUSjbV.jpg

When done, put on the new accent pack.

eO1Ezln.jpg

And all done!

g2GL75K.jpg

PDnz5Na.jpg

860zc0b.jpg

BnQqtXU.jpg

aj1PH1O.jpg

Same steps with the front panel

lCAjLid.jpg

Last thing to do is put in the start button! Lets fill this thing up!

14 hours ago, p0Pe said:

Last thing to do is put in the start button! Lets fill this thing up!

Weird feeling that Linus might make his way through here and show this beauty in a video...God it's so amazingly sexy.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

14 hours ago, p0Pe said:

-sip-

Ohh my god! What a beauty! I love the case I love the cables I love everything! 

Intel core I5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-HD3, Gigabyte gtx 760, 8 GB corsair value ram, Thermaltake core v21, Thermaltake Smart 630W PSU

Alcatel OneTouch D5... IT WORKS!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BxMjTW  

Is a MSRP known at this point? The more I look at this case, the more I fall in love with it. 

And don't even get me started on the build itself. :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

34 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

299£

Ouch.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

2 minutes ago, Homicidium said:

Ouch.

way smaller batch sizes than say fx. Corsair cases and overall quality components used gives such a price.

But then you are also getting a almost fully modular design... you can have the psu in the front, back, bottom or top. Have normal or inverted internal layout etc. the possibilities are very very diverse with these cases. You can't really do that with a H440 or the other "run of the mill" products from the established manufactures.

CaseLabs seems to be the most comparable cases out there. And those have similar price tags.

8 hours ago, NoobCase said:

way smaller batch sizes than say fx. Corsair cases and overall quality components used gives such a price.

But then you are also getting a almost fully modular design... you can have the psu in the front, back, bottom or top. Have normal or inverted internal layout etc. the possibilities are very very diverse with these cases. You can't really do that with a H440 or the other "run of the mill" products from the established manufactures.

CaseLabs seems to be the most comparable cases out there. And those have similar price tags.

I can certainly understand as to why it costs so much (not sure what I was expecting), but you've still given me a tough pill to swallow :D

@p0Pe I don't smoke but after seeing this i have to light up a cigarette.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W