Project Rhino - A HEX GEAR R80 prototype build

p0Pe
Just now, ChickenNugget said:

Wow are you Danish? I'm moving there in a couple months. I am excited to see how the build turns out, good luck!

pls take out images when quoting a post thx...

10 hours ago, smicha said:

Just a small teaser if you don't mind posting it here.  For heavy 24/7 rendering,  animations, purely pro work.

Not at all man, that looks amazing! I am impressed with how far down you managed to cut the "pins"

5 hours ago, nmil said:

If you had the budget, couldn't you just get the Samsung 950 m.2 ssd? I hear they have similar speeds to the Intel 750, but in the m.2 form factor.

They only come in 500 gb though.

3 hours ago, ChickenNugget said:

Wow are you Danish? I'm moving there in a couple months. I am excited to see how the build turns out, good luck!

Cool! Wherefrom and where are you moving to?

Klevv's products are probably the most beautiful hardware I've ever seen.Even the SSD looks gorgeous! A truly outstanding build this going to be! Can't wait for the "real" build log to begin :)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

6 hours ago, p0Pe said:

Cool! Wherefrom and where are you moving to?

I'm moving from California. I'll be just north of Copenhagen :)

5 hours ago, Homicidium said:

Klevv's products are probably the most beautiful hardware I've ever seen.Even the SSD looks gorgeous! A truly outstanding build this going to be! Can't wait for the "real" build log to begin :)

I also really like the looks of them, which was why I choose especially these ram. They just fit so nicely with both the case and motherboard.

29 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

I'm moving from California. I'll be just north of Copenhagen :)

Complete opposite side of the country from me. I hope you like cold and rainy weather, because you are in for a lot of it!

Why are you mooving if I may ask?

28 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

bring warm / seasonal clothing! :) And welcome to Denmark :)

This!

3 minutes ago, p0Pe said:

Why are you moving if I may ask?

I am partially Danish, and miss having some perhaps rare, but not nonexistent snow.

Wow that ram! This made me rethink my upcoming build plan, maybe I should get klevv crass memory instead of corsair dominator. They are a bit more expensive but they have a red led version. :S My head is torn in pieces (not really though but this changes everything) Keep up the good work!

56 minutes ago, Loleo said:

Wow that ram! This made me rethink my upcoming build plan, maybe I should get klevv crass memory instead of corsair dominator. They are a bit more expensive but they have a red led version. :S My head is torn in pieces (not really though but this changes everything) Keep up the good work!

Yeah, the biggest issue, at least here in Germany (so I presume it's also the fact for all of Europe) is that we only get the Klevv Crass memory modules here. 

Even the smaller Klevv Fit or Neo series looks absolutely sexy and are probably a little cheaper.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

3 hours ago, Homicidium said:

-Snip-

Are you sure about that? B|

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KLEVV/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_7273580031?ie=UTF8&node=7273580031&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=KLEVV <--- UK

http://www.amazon.de/KLEVV/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_7122599031?ie=UTF8&node=7122599031&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=KLEVV  <--- Germany!

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_340858031?ie=UTF8&node=340858031&field-brandtextbin=Klevv  <-- Bam! France.

You're welcome.

PS: Also OP please express your feelings towards the ram after installing and using it. (I would also love to see them glow :) )

6 hours ago, NoobCase said:

Sooo that puts you in Jutland?

Esbjerg to be precise :)

6 hours ago, ChickenNugget said:

I am partially Danish, and miss having some perhaps rare, but not nonexistent snow.

Hah, you are in for a dissapointment.. We have gotten next to zero snow this winter.

5 hours ago, Loleo said:

They are really nice, and I actually like them more than my dominators.

4 hours ago, Homicidium said:

Yeah, the biggest issue, at least here in Germany (so I presume it's also the fact for all of Europe) is that we only get the Klevv Crass memory modules here. 

Even the smaller Klevv Fit or Neo series looks absolutely sexy and are probably a little cheaper.

They are not very widely available yet no. But you should be able to source some.

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

Are you sure about that? B|

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KLEVV/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_7273580031?ie=UTF8&node=7273580031&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=KLEVV <--- UK

http://www.amazon.de/KLEVV/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_7122599031?ie=UTF8&node=7122599031&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=KLEVV  <--- Germany!

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_340858031?ie=UTF8&node=340858031&field-brandtextbin=Klevv  <-- Bam! France.

You're welcome.

PS: Also OP please express your feelings towards the ram after installing and using it. (I would also love to see them glow :) )

I will be sure to! The light is also one of my concerns.

Update time! Lets get some cables on the table(s)!

FmwDAlQ.jpg

Obviously the four Titan X's is going to draw a bit of power, so a 1500W PSU.

tKCnAYe.jpg

I have estimated that each GPU will use around 280W with overclock on them, so that is 1120W, leaving 380 for the rest of the system, which should be plenty.

Wj0RzqJ.jpg

This thing is BIG!

dTrjyPZ.jpg

Nothing the case can't handle though. With this setup, the pumps gets quite close to the PSU, but with more "normal" setups, there will be plenty of space.

qr9qLzb.jpg

Sleeving time! I am reusing the concept of the 180 degree cable combs I used in the engineering station, but this time with quad power!

5Vy9fHO.jpg

General color scheme!

QXxMpwl.jpg

Just for fun, showing how I took the previous picture.

Fb3MC8V.jpg

24 pin mounted. I will put a 180 degree cable comb on this as well.

bq92okx.jpg

And with everything mounted on the motherboard.

More coming soon!

Amazon job. How much time do you spend on sleeving. ?

Unfortunately o have to go with stick cables for 2000w power draw.last time my custom cables melt.

Looking good. Just one question, shouldn't your pumps be below the reservoir? I don't water cool, but it would seem logical to mount the pumps lower, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

1 minute ago, smicha said:

Unfortunately o have to go with stick cables for 2000w power draw.last time my custom cables melt.

Are you serious??

@p0Pe What's the color of the coolant going to be? The blue seems kinda out of place unless the coolant has a similar color :/

umm you sir have you're mind set correctly when it comes to building a pc. Subbed.

cables get any cleaner they might have to be placed on a PCB haha. What a spin out this build is gonna be.

keep it up .!!!

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

1 hour ago, Smooth Bunz said:

B-e-a-utiful!

Glad you like it!

51 minutes ago, smicha said:

Way too long. I like to make them exactly the length they need to be, and that is what normally takes up the most time, compared to just go with a cirka length, and just make pre-make them.

I think you must have made a bubu with the custom cables. All my cables are made from AWG18 wire, which is mainly the same, or thicker than the stock cables, so either you had bad cable, or had a short somewhere.

50 minutes ago, nmil said:

Looking good. Just one question, shouldn't your pumps be below the reservoir? I don't water cool, but it would seem logical to mount the pumps lower, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It would certainly be the best setup, but since this reservoir was so big, I did not have the room for it. When filling up the loop, the "pressure" from the water will be enough to initially get the fluid into the pump, and from there it can take over.

12 minutes ago, Homicidium said:

@p0Pe What's the color of the coolant going to be? The blue seems kinda out of place unless the coolant has a similar color :/

I will use blue coolant:D Everything else would, as you said, look out of place.

41 minutes ago, p0Pe said:

I will use blue coolant:D Everything else would, as you said, look out of place.

Perhaps you could mix up a silver that matches your cables? You're running two loops, right? Mix and matching the two colors across the two loops would be very cool!

ASU

I love the way you did qr9qLzb.jpg

Could you please let me know if you could do this for 7 gpus single slotted? How much would you charge for creating custom cables for 7 gpus for evga t2 1600W or 2000W? If needed PM me. 

Looks really good so far. Those KLEVV RAM fit the ASUS WS perfectly!

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

@p0Pe I just got my Asus Rampage V Extreme board and I'm currently waiting for the arrival of the klevv crass RAM (but with red LEDs) it will be awesome. I am doing a build log on a Swedish forum, I might do it here on LTT as well. But i'll be sure to send you a picture in a week or so when everything has arrived. ;)

On 4/12/2016 at 5:33 AM, p0Pe said:

Update time! Lets get some cables on the table(s)!

DAAAMMNN...!!!

uumm.. sorry again sir.

DAAAMNNNNN....!!!

aahhh.. i'm so sorry.

i really adore your cable works. 

DAAAAAAAMMMNNNNNN.....!!!!

sorry... i'm so wit yaaa..!!!