R9 390 Idle temps?

Flowey

Well my r9 390 idles at aroud 45C so I'm kind of wondering if that's a legit temp or should I RMA the card top Sapphire?

whats its temp at 100% usage? Its probably just turning off its fans. You only have to be worried it has a high temp when at 100%

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Nah that's fine, my R9 390 Nitro also idles at 45C with the fans off. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

whats its temp at 100% usage?

Shit did not thought about that, I'm at work now but I guess it would be sitting at around 75-90 degrees since I barely reach 90% when I'm at 63C

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Nah that's fine, my R9 390 Nitro also idles at 45C with the fans off. :)

Just now, Jon1764 said:

Mine is at 43C. Ambient case temps include: CPU OCed to 4.4GHz, 3 hard drives up front with an SSD.

Ok alright, just read a post about someone whose GPU was idling at 40C and everyone was telling him tpo RMA the shit out of his card, so I panicked quite a bit let's say.

Just now, Flowey said:

Shit did not thought about that, I'm at work now but I guess it would be sitting at around 75-90 degrees since I barely reach 90% when I'm at 63C

it should be in the 60-75 C range depending on ambient temps, i would double check just to make sure when you get a chance.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Damn, mine idles at 64C. Probably not the best, but I'm fine with it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

3 minutes ago, Flowey said:

Ok alright, just read a post about someone whose GPU was idling at 40C and everyone was telling him tpo RMA the shit out of his card, so I panicked quite a bit let's say.

40C at idle it's pretty much okay for almost any non-watercooled GPU in my book, but probably depends on the GPU model. You gotta realize that the card is passively cooled when idling so there's that. :)  

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

it should be in the 60-75 C range depending on ambient temps, i would double check just to make sure when you get a chance.

Oh yeah for sure, Il'l also end up knowing if silicon lottery was kind to me this time around. Hadn't had time to do it lately cause of freaking school. It's like they wish to steal as much time as they can from your freetime, the bastards