Missing Icons?

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

No cigar. 

OK, in the dev tools, can you switch to the network tab then refresh the page. In the filter bar, click Font, then wait for the page to finish loading if it hasn't already. There should be three things there, one of which has a really random name - can you click that and post a screenshot of the pane that appears.

If there aren't three things on the list, change the filter to CSS and click icon?family=Material+Icons - it should be the first thing - then screenshot and post it.

Capture.PNG.997616066bf287a39626a1a72d3c

I see this instead of the usual icons on posts...

(I'm viewing this in Google Chrome, though it is an old version)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

I only have this when I am on really slow internet.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Capture.PNG.997616066bf287a39626a1a72d3c

I see this instead of the usual icons on posts...

(I'm viewing this in Google Chrome, though it is an old version)

Are you able to access this page https://fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons, and does accessing this page https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/materialicons/v14/2fcrYFNaTjcS6g4U3t-Y5ZjZjT5FdEJ140U2DJYC3mY.woff2 work (it should either show content or start a download)?

HTTP/2 203

try updating google chrome try going to files and find the google chrome and it will say somewhere google updater update chrome it will help

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Are you able to access this page https://fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons, and does accessing this page https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/materialicons/v14/2fcrYFNaTjcS6g4U3t-Y5ZjZjT5FdEJ140U2DJYC3mY.woff2 work (it should either show content or start a download)?

First link shows hat looks like HTML (Not familiar with net coding), second starts a download. 

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I am on a 2.4 GHz network, I have 4ms ping, 50 megabit down and 12.5 up (just did a speedtest), I'll try again on my 5GHz net. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just now, riley mclinn said:

try updating google chrome try going to files and find the google chrome and it will say somewhere google updater update chrome it will help

I am unable to update chrome because of restrictions on this laptop (it is a school laptop, but i use it everyday and take it home). 

I have not ever seen this before either. 

Solitaire. 

Can you try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, while viewing LTT, press F12, then switch to the console tab, and refresh the page. Once it's finished refreshing, leave it for about 5 seconds, then screenshot it and post it here.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I'm on the 5Ghz net now, same speedtest data, still have the problem. 

Solitaire. 

Can you try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, while viewing LTT, press F12, then switch to the console tab, and refresh the page. Once it's finished refreshing, leave it for about 5 seconds, then screenshot it and post it here.

How does one clear their cache?

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Capture1.PNG.bd7e2a038799bcc0838faaa64b8

There's your console. 

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

How does one clear their cache?

Navigate to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData then make sure only "Cached images and files" is checked, from the beginning of time, then click Clear browsing data.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Navigate to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData then make sure only "Cached images and files" is checked, from the beginning of time, then click Clear browsing data.

I did the clear, going to restart browser now. 

if that doesnt work I'll try *cringes* Internet explorer, then restart laptop. 

Solitaire. 

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

No cigar. 

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

And no luck with IE either. 

Solitaire. 

No cigar. 

OK, in the dev tools, can you switch to the network tab then refresh the page. In the filter bar, click Font, then wait for the page to finish loading if it hasn't already. There should be three things there, one of which has a really random name - can you click that and post a screenshot of the pane that appears.

If there aren't three things on the list, change the filter to CSS and click icon?family=Material+Icons - it should be the first thing - then screenshot and post it.

HTTP/2 203

I'm afraid I have to go do a few other things, and either way this really doesn't bother me. I will try this tonight though.

Thanks!

Solitaire. 

I have this issue at school, and they use a crapload of filtering and security bypasses (cant make a google search on anything becsuse the certificate is invalid) which seems to screw up the icons and stuff.

Screenshot_2015-11-16-12-30-47.thumb.png

8 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I have this issue at school, and they use a crapload of filtering and security bypasses (cant make a google search on anything becsuse the certificate is invalid) which seems to screw up the icons and stuff.

Hidden Content

I can still use google, but SSL screws up with me. 

but this has ever happened to me before. (still happening now, at school and home)

Solitaire.