Mayhem - Aurora Hydra Gold Coolant Concentrate (250 ml)

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, HeroXLazer said:

thanks

Just note that it best to start off with very little as a lot makes it into a golden yellow color, for the fluid it would be the same as any watercooling loop so nickel, copper, and brass are all good with each other. As for a case the Define S has a mITX one that's pretty well made for that. 

it is tough to get it to work long term.  I've heard that if you have a very basic loop (1 res, 1 block, 1 rad, a good pump running on or near 100%) then you can get it to work long term but I haven't had the best of luck.  The longest I've seen it go is maybe a month or so but I didn't have the best loop set up for it.  Bay reservoirs and any pump/res combo are not really recommended so its best to use a seperate pump with a top and a res.  

I just redid my loop and it is more aurora friendly this time with seperate loops for the cpu and gpus to keep them flowing well.  We'll see how long it lasts

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

1 hour ago, HeroXLazer said:

Mine is going to be a cpu, ram, res, pump, and 1 240mm res

I believe you asking this before about a gold coolant, the Aurora 1 series aren't exactly designed for long term use, they were more for displays or for shows where they will be used for a short period of time and changed frequently. The second generation Aurora 2 series were designed for longer term use with finer particles like the pastel lineup, but as mentioned you want to use compatible components in the loop with as little restriction as possible lessen the chance of the particles clogging up.

2 hours ago, HeroXLazer said:

Mine is going to be a cpu, ram, res, pump, and 1 240mm res

I believe you asking this before about a gold coolant, the Aurora 1 series aren't exactly designed for long term use, they were more for displays or for shows where they will be used for a short period of time and changed frequently. The second generation Aurora 2 series were designed for longer term use with finer particles like the pastel lineup, but as mentioned you want to use compatible components in the loop with as little restriction as possible lessen the chance of the particles clogging up.

If I use mayhems booster what else do I need for the booster to work?

20 minutes ago, HeroXLazer said:

If I use mayhems booster what else do I need for the booster to work?

The gold booster was designed for the aurora fluid to get that bright gold type look so it would need the Aurora 2 series white silver fluid to dye:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/mayhems-aurora-2-booster-gold.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/mayhems-aurora-2-concentrate-250ml-silver.html

Also I know this isn't the right place what case will go with gold and will have mitx watercooling support

thanks

Just note that it best to start off with very little as a lot makes it into a golden yellow color, for the fluid it would be the same as any watercooling loop so nickel, copper, and brass are all good with each other. As for a case the Define S has a mITX one that's pretty well made for that. 

Are there any smaller cases than the Define Nano S?

There are some really small ones like from silverstone or the N case M1 but they wouldn't be as watercooling friendly. 

Do you know any that have a window or can be modded on that can support cpu and ram cooling (ram for looks)