Software You Hate But Have To Use

1 minute ago, BurgerBum said:

i dont HAVE to use these. but i do hate them.

windows.

itunes. (NO I DO FUCKIGN NOT WANT TO GOD DAMN UPDATE)

-whispers- I actually usually enjoy using iTunes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Skype. That's all I can think of tbh(I actually like windows)

Life.exe is missing

Solidworks. Have to use it to export my Gcode, but I prefer Inventor. Also, dislike Edge but it performs best on my Surface, just without extensions.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

None, I tend to write my own software for things I need. Generally if I dislike software, I won't use it, come hell or high water.

I don't like Google Hangouts and do use it from time to time, but I don't need it. 

We have to use IExplorer at school :| .  I put chrome on a USB stick and tried running it that way, but the computers are setup to block running any .exe files from anything other than C drive.

Also, Origin is a piece of _____ .

PrecisionX from EVGA

MSI Afterburner doesn't let me change voltage so I'm stuck with this dumb program. It makes typing super slow for 1 minute after start up, and my SSD's have 1GB read so it's definitely the app :(

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Alienware Command Centre. It's more of a neutral to lightly sour and buggy relationship on my laptop (Alienware 14x R1) just so that I can properly use the FN key to remove a CD from my optical drive and turning off the keyboard lighting to save a few mins of battery life. Since my computer is kinda slowly dying (The HDD crapped out and had to be replaced 3 times. Ouch) and play like basic Valve titles such as portal, tf2 etc. I decided to uninstall it and now stuck with a permanent green backlighting.

From top of my head (meaning I'll add stuff later)

Win10 - Worst accessibility yet.

Google Play - Just because.

Steam - I like GOG.com most.

Skype - MSN Messenger FTW.

AppCenter (Gigabyte driver updater) - Crashes daily basis.

Speedfan - Seriously, why can't they make modern and easier to use UI???

Facebook mobile - It gets bigger in file size and uses ton of battery etc.

Firefox mobile - Because LTT forums don't work with Dolphin.

Zoner Photo Studio (free) - Because Google messed Picasa.

TP-Link network printer driver - Its just bad. And I can't auto-connect scanner.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Wolther said:

What do you dislike about OSX and IOS? I honestly think they're so simple and well made -- atleast compared to Windows. If we could have game support & DirectX on OSX, I'd be living in a dream world. 

you're dealing with a power user here, my issue with those two is the very limited access to backend details, and a (purposely) bad documented backend at that.

apple aims their devices to people that bring them in for repairs, i am that person that when a device breaks out of warranty pops it open and fixes it with whatever i have laying around.

also, i know one guy that uses OSX, i also know one guy that has told me he had 8000% cpu usage, and no real way to troubleshoot what the hell is going on.

6 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

-whispers- I actually usually enjoy using iTunes.

i'd use iTunes over foobar if it wasnt that locked down and apple device oriented.

last time i tried putting stuff on my ipod touch with itunes i spent 2 days figuring out why it didnt take a movie that i added to the library.

turns out apple cant deal with .wmv, and doesnt bother telling you either.

I saw all you ppl talking about your programs, so I decided I would too.

VLC (on mac)

IOS 9.3 

I hate VLC on mac (OS X el capitan) Since the layout is terrible and it's quite confusing. It misses some features of the windows one (I CAN'T FIND FILE DIMENSIONS *cries*) And such, it's been a pain in my butt a lot but I need to format files and I have a macbook so I'm stuck with it.

The iPhone OS 9.3 I hate simply because I can't remove the mandatory shiz apps and I don't want to jailbreak (again -.-) since I don't want to spend time on that.

For me it is Jedit Skype and Itunes, but for mobile apps Xfinity TVGO it takes 10 minutes to load a video and if your network disconnects midway through the app crashes and you have to restart and watch 5 minutes of ads to get back to where you were and their web based player causes flash to crash constantly as well

OSX on a school computer, worst part is we cant modify the software or hardware until a year, I cri ebri time

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Microsoft office.

I normally use LaTeX, but some publishers require MS Word files.

I use amazon music, having prime I might as well (I'm too stingy to pay for a better music service). But the program is horrible, the app is slow af, sometimes music playback just stops for a split second even with downloaded titles and you can't combine your prime music with your own music in a playlist or anything...

It has improved however since I first tried it and as it is still quite young I'll just keep hoping...

Internet explorer, for work. >.<

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

SKYPE!!!

It's freaking immortal. It doesnt know what "Close" means.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

3 hours ago, koji said:

SKYPE!!!

It's freaking immortal. It doesnt know what "Close" means.

Simply right-click on icon in notification area and click "Quit"

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

UPlay, Origin, Excel (which I have to use way to god damn much at work that I just despise it now), and Internet Explorer (again a work thing).