To loud for no reason! New PC working at 45db!

ToniV
7 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Everything else is fine, I would have gotten a K CPU and another SSD but it's not an obligation.

Whats the problem with ssd. I get that K is better.

21 minutes ago, ToniV said:

Whats the problem with ssd. I get that K is better.

It's specifically the Kingston V300.

Kingston changed the chips for slow ones, they were going to rename the V300 and update the specs to reflect those changes but revised themselves. So the revised V300 is a lot slower than the original version.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

just gonna drop this here for anyone who might still have PSU issues

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

8 hours ago, Moonzy said:

well if you like to have a ticking time bomb beside your $1000 gpu, be my guest

Nowhere did I say that he should keep the PSU. I was saying that most people in this thread were exaggerating about the quality PSU and he would be safe taking a month or two to save up for a better, safer PSU. There's no need to portray it as something that he absolutely must replace immediately, especially right after he's dropped a ton of money on the (however ill-planned it may be) computer. He'll be fine if it takes him a month or two to get a new PSU.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD