Strange issue when stability testing

A few weeks ago arrived my H110 and was again very enthusiastic about overclocking. I managed to get 4.5GHz out of my 3930K (1.36V) and max temps were 85C. I usually stress test the processor with Prime95, but recently I decided to try some of the other software - OCCT an Aida64. I found a lot disturbing things. I used Real Temp GT to check the temperature.

When I use Prime 95 to check stability - loop of 24H stable max temps are 85C (CPU usage - 100%)

When I use Aida64 to check stability - loop of 12H stable max temps are 74C (CPU usage - 100%)

When I use OCCT to check stability - Core 3 stops working in less than 5 min, regardless if I use the Lynpack mode or not...

Can someone explain to me what the hell is happening here?

A long time ago I remember someone on another forum saying that for Intel processors one should only use Aida64 to test stability, but I wasn't really sold about that until now. 

PS: All system specs in signature. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

OCCT is extremely stressfull, so your overclock is not stable in OCCT. This is one of those situation were the overclock is stable in some programs, but not in others. 

Your temp also seem very high for your configuration. I got 74C max temp with my 3930K @1.36v with an H80.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I suggest a 24 hour run of AIDA and increasing the voltage by the minimum you can

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

OCCT is extremely stressfull, so your overclock is not stable in OCCT. This is one of those situation were the overclock is stable in some programs, but not in others. 

Your temp also seem very high for your configuration. I got 74C max temp with my 3930K @1.36v with an H80.

When I use Aida64 the temps usually are around 67-69C, however from time to time it spikes for less than a second and hits 74C. After that it lower again to 67-69C. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

When I use Aida64 the temps usually are around 67-69C, however from time to time it spikes for less than a second and hits 74C. After that it lower again to 67-69C. :)

Those temps seem normal. We just have to keep in mind that all software temperature readings aren't 100% precise. Personally I have found AI Suite II to give the most accurate results.

On topic: Just keep using AIDA64 as your stresstest. Prime95 sometime is a bit strange in the way it request voltages and OCCT is more stressfull than the tests Intel uses to verify CPUs..  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Those temps seem normal. We just have to keep in mind that all software temperature readings aren't 100% precise. Personally I have found AI Suite II to give the most accurate results.

On topic: Just keep using AIDA64 as your stresstest. Prime95 sometime is a bit strange in the way it request voltages and OCCT is more stressfull than the tests Intel uses to verify CPUs..  

Ok, thank you! I'll do some overclocking since the temps after testing with Aida64 are pretty promising. I think I'll be able to push the processor to 4.6 or even 4.7GHz ate a decent voltage. I presume it'll be around 1.40V. :)